SRAM 9Spd Chain on Campy 10Spd?

David Patnaude

Guest
I have been running a real mismatch of components. Current setup includes
Campy Centaur 10 Spd rear derailleur with a 9 Spd SRAM cassette and chain.
The front derailleur and chanrings are Shimano Ultegra. Levers are Campy 10
Spd.

I am looking into purchasing a set of new wheels for the bike and would
like to get a Campy 10 Spd rear wheel.

There don't seem to be many options out there for 10 Spd chains.

Can I run the SRAM 9 Spd chain with a Campy 10 Spd cassette?

If I can't use the SRAM chain, what are the suggestions for a Campy
compatible 10 Spd chain?

Thanks,
Dave

SRAM 9 speed chain works great with Campy 10. Been running it for several
years.

In article <[email protected]>, David Patnaude
<[email protected]> wrote:

> I have been running a real mismatch of components. Current setup includes
> Campy Centaur 10 Spd rear derailleur with a 9 Spd SRAM cassette and chain.
> The front derailleur and chanrings are Shimano Ultegra. Levers are Campy 10
> Spd.
>
> I am looking into purchasing a set of new wheels for the bike and would
> like to get a Campy 10 Spd rear wheel.
>
> There don't seem to be many options out there for 10 Spd chains.
>
> Can I run the SRAM 9 Spd chain with a Campy 10 Spd cassette?
>
> If I can't use the SRAM chain, what are the suggestions for a Campy
> compatible 10 Spd chain?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

I have read other posts because I was having an overshift problem on my
Centaur 10sp and someone suggested that the SRAM chain actually works
better that the Campy chain because it is a bit narrower than Campy.
Any comments?

In article <[email protected]>,
"teschman" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I have read other posts because I was having an overshift problem on my
> Centaur 10sp and someone suggested that the SRAM chain actually works
> better that the Campy chain because it is a bit narrower than Campy.
> Any comments?

If you have an overshift problem then you need to adjust something,
overshift has nothing to do with the chain width.

David Patnaude wrote:

> I have been running a real mismatch of components. Current setup includes
> Campy Centaur 10 Spd rear derailleur with a 9 Spd SRAM cassette and chain.
> The front derailleur and chanrings are Shimano Ultegra. Levers are Campy 10
> Spd.
>
> I am looking into purchasing a set of new wheels for the bike and would
> like to get a Campy 10 Spd rear wheel.
>
> There don't seem to be many options out there for 10 Spd chains.
>
> Can I run the SRAM 9 Spd chain with a Campy 10 Spd cassette?
>
> If I can't use the SRAM chain, what are the suggestions for a Campy
> compatible 10 Spd chain?

We use KMC-10 chain

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

David Patnaude wrote:
> I have been running a real mismatch of components. Current setup includes
> Campy Centaur 10 Spd rear derailleur with a 9 Spd SRAM cassette and chain.
> The front derailleur and chanrings are Shimano Ultegra. Levers are Campy 10
> Spd.
>
> I am looking into purchasing a set of new wheels for the bike and would
> like to get a Campy 10 Spd rear wheel.
>
> There don't seem to be many options out there for 10 Spd chains.

Campagnolo, Wipperman, KMC, shimano, even a Sram PC-89r(same width as a
Campag 10s chain)....same 'options' as 9s, more than 8s...