SRAM Attack vs. SRAM 9.0

In article <B218CBA0D15B0327.E0914C83C2205B71.3E873ED9CCA6314A@lp.airnews.net>,
[email protected] says...

> I think he means the metal wire/rod in front of and parallel to the fork. Looks like a support for
> the fender to me.

I would call that a spoke. (A shinny spoke. It was the first sunny day in a fortnight.)

- Bellaire, TX USA -

On Sun, 9 Mar 2003 22:01:21 -0600, Cletus D. Lee <[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <B218CBA0D15B0327.E0914C83C2205B71.3E873ED9CCA6314A@lp.airnews.net>,
>[email protected] says...

>> I think he means the metal wire/rod in front of and parallel to the fork. Looks like a support
>> for the fender to me.
>
>I would call that a spoke. (A shinny spoke. It was the first sunny day in a fortnight.)

Ah. I was confused because it looks like it continues to the fender. I see now it's just a shiny
spoke that happened to be aligned with the brake.

Will not work.

SRAM 9.0 and the other versions that have digits in their model names will not work. These shifters
pull differently than the ones needed for a Shimano derailleur. SRAM calls it ESP technology. The
pull ratio is 1:
1.

Derek

In <[email protected]> Cletus D. Lee wrote:

> My Bacchetta Giro came with SRAM Attack shifters and on the back a Shimano Deore LX derailleur. I
> got a 'wild hair' recently and replaced my original SRAM Attack Shifter with a SRAM 9.0. So far I
> have been unable to get the rear derailleur (Shimano Deore LX) to mesh with the new shifter. The
> SRAM 9.0 shifts from 9-3 and runs out of cable. I can adjust it to span all 9 cogs but the shifter
> moves only in the 9 to 3 range. So, wiseacres, what are my options? Why is this new Shifter not
> working?

Must just be the the way the light is on a spoke. Still, nice set up. If it were mine I'd name it
MAC for either Meander or Mosey Around in Comfort (or Convenience). bill g

"Cletus D. Lee" wrote:

> > Cletus, That bike looks really well set up. What's the thing from the front brake boss to the
> > quick release? bill g
> >
> > "Cletus D. Lee" wrote:
> > >

> > > Here is a recent pic of the Giro set up for tour.
> > >
> > > http://www.clee.org/Cycling/Giro/Images/20030307GiroPanniers.jpg
>
> I'm not clear what you mean? Front brake boss to Q/R (on the stem?) is all stock. There is a
> little black wire that runs down to and along the Fr. Derailleur cable for the Cadence pick-up.
> Another black with wrapped around the front brake cable and follows the front brakce across to
> the computer pick-up on the left side near the front brake boss.

> - Bellaire, TX USA -

> If it were mine I'd name it MAC for either Meander or Mosey Around in Comfort (or Convenience).

My Giro does not Mosey. But I am looking for a good name. The Stratus got named in Hungary. It was
'Tata'. As in, "Tata I don't think we're in Kansas anymore."

The Lightning P-38/F40 Voyager is 'Vyger' The Giro is looking for a name.

- Bellaire, TX USA -