SRAM buys Shimano!

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ken, Apr 1, 2003.

  1. Ken

    Ken Guest

    Tags:

  2. Jamie Starr

    Jamie Starr Guest

  3. B. Sanders

    B. Sanders Guest

  4. Ken

    Ken Guest

  5. Mike Kruger

    Mike Kruger Guest

    "Ken" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "B. Sanders" <[email protected]> wrote in news:_%Fia.64881$Zo.16042 @sccrnsc03:
    > >> If Bicycling Magazine says so, it must be true!
    > >> http://www.bicycling.com/article/0,5073,3822,00.html?category_id=441
    > >
    > > I'm wondering if Shimano's lawyers made Bicycling take down the article. The page was
    > > unavailable every time I tried to read it.
    >
    > It is available right now, though it was more interesting yesterday.

    At the bottom of the news it says:

    ** April Fool's folks. SRAM really didn't buy Shimano. Just trying to catch you off guard; always
    read the fine print. The rest of the stories, I promise, are legit.

  6. Ken

    Ken Guest

    "Mike Kruger" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:
    > ** April Fool's folks. SRAM really didn't buy Shimano. Just trying to catch you off guard; always
    > read the fine print. The rest of the stories, I promise, are legit.

    You really think some people didn't get the joke by themselves?

  7. Mike Kruger

    Mike Kruger Guest

    "Ken" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Mike Kruger" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    > > ** April Fool's folks. SRAM really didn't buy Shimano. Just trying to
    catch
    > > you off guard; always read the fine print. The rest of the stories, I promise, are legit.
    >
    > You really think some people didn't get the joke by themselves?

    You never know. Who'd think AOL would be able to buy Time Warner?