SRAM buys Shimano!

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by R2D2, Apr 2, 2003.

  1. R2D2

    R2D2 New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2003
    April 1, 2003

    "SRAM Buys Shimano
    Shimano is normally the company accused of trying to run the world in Bill Gates fashion. But in a stunning move, the components company that's played Apple to Shimano's Microsoft announced today that they would acquire the venerable Japanese components maker for an undisclosed sum."

    I thought it was an April fools joke!
    Now they just have to buy Reynolds!!

    Tags:

  2. R2D2

    R2D2 New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2003
    It WAS an April fools joke!

  3. wonder if having a company that begins with the the letter S makes you a target for SRAM,
    Saches-Shimano-Rock Shox (okay Rock is stretching it a bit, but Shox is in the name too)
    news:[email protected]...