SRAM cassette spacers

cletusyokel

Jun 4, 2006
I disassembled my 9-speed SRAM casssette for cleaning. I reassembled and reinstalled, and now I'm having trouble with slipping in certain gears (I adjust the derailleur cable tension to work properly in one gear and then it slips in another, and so on). Overall performance seems a bit rough, also. Chain has about 1,000 miles on it and is newly cleaned and lubricated. Is it possible that I reassembled the cassette wrong? The spacers have strange numbers on them - some a number one one side, some different numbers on each - but look identical. Were they supposed to go back in a particular order?

cletusyokel said:
I disassembled my 9-speed SRAM casssette for cleaning. I reassembled and reinstalled, and now I'm having trouble with slipping in certain gears (I adjust the derailleur cable tension to work properly in one gear and then it slips in another, and so on). Overall performance seems a bit rough, also. Chain has about 1,000 miles on it and is newly cleaned and lubricated. Is it possible that I reassembled the cassette wrong? The spacers have strange numbers on them - some a number one one side, some different numbers on each - but look identical. Were they supposed to go back in a particular order?

All spacers are the same width. Make sure the lockring is torqued down tight. Did you have a spacer between the hub and cassette? Could you have flipped around a cog or two?