SRAM Chain & Campy 10

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Msa, Apr 25, 2003.

  1. Msa

    Msa Guest

    My LBS tells me that I can use a SRAM PC89R with a 10 speed Record Campag set up. No where on SRAM's
    site can I see this written down...it's 9 speed only from what I can see.

    Basically...will it be OK, or should I stick with a Campag chain?

    Thanks in advance

    --
    Mark

  2. Doug Huffman

    Doug Huffman Guest

    Compare the widths of the two chain types. Is $himano narrow and extra-narrow chain interchangeable?

    "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > My LBS tells me that I can use a SRAM PC89R with a 10 speed Record Campag set up. No where on
    > SRAM's site can I see this written down...it's 9
    speed
    > only from what I can see.
    >
    > Basically...will it be OK, or should I stick with a Campag chain?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >

    > --
    > Mark

  3. Bfd

    Bfd Guest

    "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > My LBS tells me that I can use a SRAM PC89R with a 10 speed Record Campag set up. No where on
    > SRAM's site can I see this written down...it's 9 speed only from what I can see.
    >
    > Basically...will it be OK, or should I stick with a Campag chain?

    Forget them both and get an IRD chain here: http://www.interlocracing.com/chains.html

  4. onyerbike-<< My LBS tells me that I can use a SRAM PC89R with a 10 speed Record Campag set up. No
    where on SRAM's site can I see this written down...it's 9 speed only from what I can see.

    ya can use a 9s chain on Campagnolo 10s setups, altho a shimano(like a CG-73) works more quietly
    than the SRAM...But why not use a 10s chain? Like Campagnolo or IRD, or Campagnolo with an IRD link?

    If yer bike shop is 'supplier challenged', have them call me and I will help them.