sram components are made of plastic

Amerigo

Guest
I wrote to sram this:
######################
>>>your mtb groups have too much plastic, I will continue to buy shimano
>>I hope that you will be able to improve, I hope
######################

and this is the answer:
######################
Thanks for your comments. I would refer you to our website, www.srma.com there you an check out the
latest and greatest. I would encourage you to look at our new X.O rear derailleur. Also for 2003 all
of of ESP rear derailleurs will feature AL knuckles.
######################

my shimano deore xt is good, I really hope that sram will improve, because until know I HAD to buy
shimanoIf you look in mtbreview, a lot of persons complain about the plastic of sram... sram is pure
**** (xo system seems to be better)If only campagnolo made a mtb group....

sram components are more and more shitty every year just tried a bike: the brake levers bends
when you brake

On Fri, 16 May 2003 10:28:14 +0200, bomba did issue forth:

> The NNTP host comes back as Telecom Italia...
>
> Ladies and gentlemen, please offer a warm welcome back to Gianni Z!
>
> "Ah, ah, death to you"

Yup. He's started in rec.bicycles.tech on this very topic.

I've already got myself a front row seat and a large box of popcorn.

--
Huw Pritchard

"Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 16 May 2003 10:28:14 +0200, bomba did issue forth:

> > The NNTP host comes back as Telecom Italia...
> >
> > Ladies and gentlemen, please offer a warm welcome back to Gianni Z!
> >
> > "Ah, ah, death to you"
>
> Yup. He's started in rec.bicycles.tech on this very topic.
>
> I've already got myself a front row seat and a large box of popcorn.

ah ah death to you, your popcorn are made of plastic and you will intoxicate yourself.

amerigo <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
> news:[email protected]...
> > On Fri, 16 May 2003 10:28:14 +0200, bomba did issue forth:

> > > The NNTP host comes back as Telecom Italia...
> > >
> > > Ladies and gentlemen, please offer a warm welcome back to Gianni Z!
> > >
> > > "Ah, ah, death to you"
> >
> > Yup. He's started in rec.bicycles.tech on this very topic.
> >
> > I've already got myself a front row seat and a large box of popcorn.
> >

> ah ah death to you, your popcorn are made of plastic and you will
intoxicate
> yourself.

More from Giani's plastic brain. 'Plastic's not metal, they're just not the same!', 'Sram is ****,
and I am insane!'

Oh well - fun is ours eh?

Shaun aRe

"Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:[email protected]...

> More from Giani's plastic brain. 'Plastic's not metal, they're just not the same!', 'Sram is ****,
> and I am insane!'
>
> Oh well - fun is ours eh?
>
> Shaun aRe

errare humanum est, perseverare est diabolicum

sram is ****

GianniZ Vespucci says:

>sram components are more and more shitty every year just tried a bike: the brake levers bends when
>you brake

You said that last time, G - find something new.....

Steve - I know - "ah ah death to me"

amerigo <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
> news:[email protected]...
> >

> > More from Giani's plastic brain. 'Plastic's not metal, they're just not the same!', 'Sram is
> > ****, and I am insane!'
> >
> > Oh well - fun is ours eh?
> >
> > Shaun aRe
>
> errare humanum est,

Or in your case:

'arrare canis est' - you are in error, dawg.

> perseverare est diabolicum

Don't be ridiculous.......oh sorry, I forgot who I was talking to El Diablo........heh....

> sram is ****

But not as **** as spouting tired Latin phrases.

Shaun aRe - buggroff.

> GianniZ Vespucci says:
>
> >sram components are more and more shitty every year just tried a bike: the brake levers bends
> >when you brake
>
> You said that last time, G - find something new.....
>
> Steve - I know - "ah ah death to me"

he he, this could get amusing.
--
~Travis "getting the bag of popcorn ready"

amerigo wrote:
> sram components are more and more shitty every year just tried a bike: the brake levers bends when
> you brake

When I used to do desert motocross (dirt motorcycles), I used plastic levers on purpose. Yes,
they flexed -- BUT, they didn't break when I went head over and the bike went dancing one way and
I another.

David

> I wrote to sram this:
> ######################
> >>I hope that you will be able to improve, I hope
> ######################
>

> and this is the answer:
> ######################
> Thanks for your comments. I would refer you to our website, www.srma.com there you an check out
> the latest and greatest. I would encourage you to look at our new X.O rear derailleur. Also for
> 2003 all of of ESP rear derailleurs will feature AL knuckles.
> ######################
>
> my shimano deore xt is good, I really hope that sram will improve, because until know I HAD to buy
> shimanoIf you look in mtbreview, a lot of persons complain about the plastic of sram... sram is
> pure **** (xo system seems to be better)If only campagnolo made a mtb group....

Hmm, my "plastic" 9.0sl has survived 4 deraileur hangers being riped off the bike over 3 years. Got
Composite?
--
_________________________

I know that you are a troll, but to the rest o the readership, I offer this.

That is some of the best shifting, most durable plastic I have used.

If it works that well, I don't care if they make it out of cheetos.

<Snip> ... sram is pure **** (xo system
> seems to be better)If only campagnolo made a mtb group....

Campagnolo did make a mountain bike group, or actually, groups. Have you forgotten the the wonders
of Euclid, Centaur, Icarus, and Record OR? That wonderful Campagnolo "click" shifting. It wasn't
indexing, it just went click, and then rattled between gears. OH and we can not forget the wonders
of the Euclid "mono-planar" U-brakes. Or the "bullet" shifters, a gripshift knock off that, once
again, went click and then rattled between gears.

I can see why you would be in such denial about Campagnolo's Mountain groups, particularly in light
of the Icarus group relying on "plastic" composite shift levers and brake levers. Now, would you
like to discuss the Campagnolo Xenon Group ... old or new it has been based on "plastic" composite
materials.

You are pretty much a 40 watt bulb in a 100 watt world (ac/dc?).

And how about that Modolo Kronos group?

<snip samey whining>

got any new whines or are they all "ah ah plastic shear resistance etc" again?

Andy Chequer, nurse, the No. 10 loon mallet if you please.

"amerigo" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I wrote to sram this:
> ######################

...which is also made of plastic. Check STI shifters sometime. Campy's new Record group is plastic
(oh, pardon me "carbon" - which is basically plastic with graphite added)

> >>I hope that you will be able to improve, I hope

Yeah, I agree, SRAM stuff is kinda crappy. My RANS Rocket has 5.0 and 7.0 components on it. The
V-brakes are garbage. The plastic (composite) derailleur did take a pretty nasty hit on a curb once,
though, without bending. That's impressive. I don't like grip shifters on MTB's; but I like 'em on
recumbents.

> If only campagnolo made a mtb group....

They did: Campy Record OR. Good luck finding it: Very collectable, and impossible to find NOS.
Somebody should tell Campagnolo that mountain bikes are popular. Maybe they'll start making
Record OR again.

Barry

Has anyone read up on SRAM's new X-7 and X-9 trigger shifters? They look like beautiful works of art
(and amerigo... from the pictures they appear to be made of cast or machined aluminum). The gear
indicators are integrated into the clamp, nice touch. I prefer twisters over triggers, myself...so
I'll stick to the composite/aluminum/titanium X-0 system. =)

Ah, ah... death to Shimano!

Now all we need is for SRAM to make a respectable FRONT derailer and my bike will be 100%
Shimano free.

-John Morgan