SRAM = No Customer Service/Relations for end-users!! ?

crank spinner - I am very disturbed at the lack of service you have received from SRAM. I'm also glad that you so easily shrugged off the comments of the guy who registered only to respond to your post. I'm sure he will be banned soon enough. I couldn't disagree more about what he posted anyway. Sure, you could easily go to any old hardware store and pick up a similar washer. But good luck trying to get SRAM to honor their warranty (assuming you were given one) if you put anything other than washers from SRAM on your group.

I had a similar issue a few years ago, but fortunately mine was a much better experience. I bought a Magnaflow exhaust system for my car and installed it myself. A few weeks later I noticed an annoyingly loud rattling sound coming from the back of my car. Upon closer inspection I realized that the small alan-head bolt that secures the exhaust tip to the exhaust pipe was missing and the tip was what was rattling. I contacted Magnaflow CS via email, and without so much as a return email from them, a week later I had a package with not one, but two of the bolts. So once again, the knucklehead who registered just to harrass you was wrong in saying that large corporations don't have time to cater to every end-user request they receive. It can and should be done.

In closing I would say that Twitter is your friend. If you don't already have an account you should get one. Send a friend request to Lance Armstrong, Alberto Contador, The Schleck brothers and every other pro cyclist you can think of who uses SRAM components. As soon as they accept your request and you start following them then post about your experiences with SRAMs CS. The pros themselves may not get involved, but I would imagine it will still get the heat turned up on SRAM and they may just end up more willing to help you out. It's worth a try at least.