SRAM power link on Shimano chains

Michael Press

Guest
Will an SRAM gold power link work on Shimano 9-speed chains?

The package says use on chains other than a coupld SRAM
chains listed "WILL result in chain failure", but that may
be their lawyers talking...

The mechanic at my LBS said no, but I recall a post on this
NG saying it would work on Shimano 10-speed chains...

Thanks, Michael

Michael Press wrote:

> Will an SRAM gold power link work on Shimano 9-speed
> chains?
>
> The package says use on chains other than a coupld SRAM
> chains listed "WILL result in chain failure", but that may
> be their lawyers talking...
>
> The mechanic at my LBS said no, but I recall a post on
> this NG saying it would work on Shimano 10-speed chains...

I don't know about 10-speed, but it's fine on 9-speed. It's
probably SRAM's marketing people talking, rather than their
lawyers. They want you to buy a SRAM chain.

Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Will an SRAM gold power link work on Shimano 9-speed
> chains?
>
> The package says use on chains other than a coupld SRAM
> chains listed "WILL result in chain failure", but that may
> be their lawyers talking...
>
> The mechanic at my LBS said no, but I recall a post on
> this NG saying it would work on Shimano 10-speed chains...

I'm using a Shimano DA 9 chain with SRAM "gold" 9 powerlink,
works well on my *mutt* bike, which has Campy 9 ergo
shifter/Campy 9 rear der, Shimano 9 hub/cassette.....

I use the SRAM Power Link 2 on 9 speed Campagnolo chains
and 9 speed Shimano chains. I know someone who uses the
SRAM link on Shimano chains on a tandem that made it
through PBP 1999.

Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:<[email protected]>...
> Will an SRAM gold power link work on Shimano 9-speed
> chains?
>
> The package says use on chains other than a coupld SRAM
> chains listed "WILL result in chain failure", but that may
> be their lawyers talking...
>
> The mechanic at my LBS said no, but I recall a post on
> this NG saying it would work on Shimano 10-speed chains...
>
> Thanks, Michael

michael-<< Will an SRAM gold power link work on Shimano 9-
speed chains?
>><BR><BR>

yes.

michael<< The package says use on chains other than a coupld
SRAM chains listed "WILL result in chain failure", but that
may be their lawyers talking... >><BR><BR>

garbage-lawyer-speak

Michael- << The mechanic at my LBS said no, but I recall a
post on this NG saying it would work on Shimano 10-speed
chains... >><BR><BR>

He needs to try it.

Boulder, CO, 80302
costruite eccezionalmente bene"