SRAM range?

mazza7282

Feb 27, 2004
Im not too bad with the ol buying shimano parts, because i know what is cheap and good, and what is not, also what is worth buying or not.
For example going from Deore to Deore LX or something.
Ive just brought myself a 20" Carrera Vulcan, most of it is Acera X based with a few low range SR contour stuff, mate of mine is building a bike froms cratch and has spent like £400 already and still gotta buy £200's worth of groupset but I have decided to buy the bike and upgrade like so.
Although instead of doing a shimano Deore LX overhaul ive decided to do an SRAm overhaul instead and over time change every shimano part to SRAM.

I dont actually know anything about SRAM, so i was wondering if you could tell me the range from top to bottom of SRAM, so i can spec my overhaul?

For example i knwo its SAINT>Deore XTR>Deore XT>Deore LX>Deore>Acera X>Acera>Atlus and whichever but if maybe you could perhaps put it into a list like that?

Thanks

P.s Reason ive decided to do an SRAM overhaul is because I had a really crappy rear cassette on my vulcan when i brought it, and changed it for a SRAM PG-850.So fort hey why not do the rest :)

Well there's SRAM X.0, X.9, X.7, 5.0, 4.0, 3.0

X.0 is roughly equivalent to XTR, X.9 to XT, X.7 to LX.

The X.0 stuff looks really nice and those people I know who have it just think it is great. Unfortunately the X.0 stuff has a rather large price tag, so I would recommend X.9 or X.7 depending on what you can afford.

Mellic said:
Well there's SRAM X.0, X.9, X.7, 5.0, 4.0, 3.0

X.0 is roughly equivalent to XTR, X.9 to XT, X.7 to LX.

The X.0 stuff looks really nice and those people I know who have it just think it is great. Unfortunately the X.0 stuff has a rather large price tag, so I would recommend X.9 or X.7 depending on what you can afford.

Thanks, I understand now so whats the PG on the rear cassette all come about to, which number range does that fit into?

Ill probably go for the X.7 as I wanted around LX in the first place.

I recently did an upgrade with a full X9 build It works flawlessly, SRAM;s 1:1 ratio makes shifting crisp and quick. One of my friends did an X7 build and it works just as well. there really was no need for me to spend the extra scratch on the X9, A small weight savings being the only difference. The PG stands for Power Glide! Good luck with your build.