Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

SRAM RED - maximum tooth count in crank + cassette

Started by martinot · · Last activity · 2 posts · 1,394 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
24 October 2010
Last activity
24 October 2010
Original author
martinot
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,394
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have all RED gruppo with compact (50-34) crank and 11-28 casette. I want to replace the crank with a standard (53-39). Will a new chain ensure the compatibility or does SRAM have some limits on the max/min number of teeth in which I'll have to get a different cassette? Thx

  2. You can drop in the 53/39, adjust the FD accordingly, and everything should be work. [IMG]/img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]

    The 53/39 has only 14T difference and I am fairly certain that the FD is designed to handle 50T to 53T with upto a 16T difference to the small chainring.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.