sram shifters - twist or trigger? can i use with a suntour front mech?

lubaloo

Guest
Have you used twisters? If not then I suggest you borrow a bike with some
and have a test ride before deciding.
Personally I can't stand them. Triggers are so easy to flick up and down
compared with all that twisting.

"lubaloo" <[email protected]> wrote

> I'm trying to decide between twist or trigger - looking at these:

in message <[email protected]>,
lubaloo ('[email protected]') wrote:

> I'm buying new shifters, can you recommend some good ones for use with
> sram 5.0 rear mech?
>
> I have an old suntour front mech - is the indexing the same for 3 ring
> front mechs, whatever the brand? ie are the rings the same distance
> apart?

No, the cable pull ratio is often different between different brands.
Nevertheless I would expect a SRAM shifter to work because it has in
fact more than three positions.

> I'm trying to decide between twist or trigger - looking at these:

It's a matter of taste. I personally prefer twist shifters (and this year
most of the big cross country teams were using SRAM X.0 with twist
shifters, so they're working for the racing crowd), but some people
prefer triggers.

' ' <------- this blank intentionally spaced left