Sram Srt 800x-81 & Srt800x-11

64ponty

Sep 23, 2003
Hi,

I have the opportunity to get some grip shift SRT 800X-81 & SRT800X-11 cheap and am wondering if they will be compatabile with my 8speed xt rear der and alivio front der?

I believe they are compatable (pretty damn sure), but they will likely not give you really clean crisp shifting (as good as some of the '03 stuff). I do believe though they will index with an 8 speed XT just fine. 9 speed is not going to happen though, but I am sure you already know that. How cheap is cheap? Have fun riding!

K.

Originally posted by ireman_1
I believe they are compatable (pretty damn sure), but they will likely not give you really clean crisp shifting (as good as some of the '03 stuff). I do believe though they will index with an 8 speed XT just fine. 9 speed is not going to happen though, but I am sure you already know that. How cheap is cheap? Have fun riding!

K.

Hi K,

Thanks for the update. I can get them for $50 AUS so I though i'd give them a shot. I currently only have stock shimano shifter and level combo on a avanti ventura $600 bike. I looking to change to seperate level changer system.

Cheers
D