SRM Powercontrol V Battery

robkit

Dec 11, 2003
I've had my powercontrol over 3 years now and have seen that whereas a full charge was originally good for about 10 rides, now it's good for 2.
So it seems like the internal battery has been recharged so many times, it's dying.

The advice I've had from SRM is not to open the unit to protect my warranty (after 3 years?) and to send it to them. That's not cheap to do with the speed and insurance I'd want.

Is there anyone out there who has chosen to do otherwise and can tell me how easy it is to change and what sort of battery we're talking about?

Thanks!

robkit said:
The advice I've had from SRM is not to open the unit to protect my warranty (after 3 years?) and to send it to them. That's not cheap to do with the speed and insurance I'd want.

Is there anyone out there who has chosen to do otherwise and can tell me how easy it is to change and what sort of battery we're talking about?

Thanks!
Well, did ya?
Open it it up to see what's inside?

robkit said:
I've had my powercontrol over 3 years now and have seen that whereas a full charge was originally good for about 10 rides, now it's good for 2.
So it seems like the internal battery has been recharged so many times, it's dying.

Thanks!
lots of threads on it here. No personal experience other than sending the unit back to SRM in my case. I didn't want to mess with a $500 head unit!
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/search.php?mode=results

Changing the battery is "quite" easy, if you're handy with a very small soldering iron, have a steady hand and a big magnifying glass! The hardest thing is getting hold of the battery.

I've done it because I have access to all the gear, if you don't it's probably best sending your unit to Auriel Forrester. At least she's in the UK and you save the customs hassle. She might turn it around quite quickly if you mention my name!!!

It's £47, which ain't bad every three years if you look at the value you get from it.

Good Luck...

Tony
www.flammerouge.je