SRM pro vs SRM dura ace

PaulMD

Jul 26, 2006
Is there a difference in accuracy between the SRM pro and the SRM dura ace?

The SRM pro has 4 strain gauges and the SRM dura ace has 8 strain gauges (same amount as the SRM science) but I read everywhere that the SRM pro and the SRM dura ace have an accuracy of 2% (the science with 8 gauges has 0.5%).

With other words: for the accuracy I don't need to buy the SRM dura ace?

Now I have to hope that the SRM pro is also available in ISIS and with a compact version (then I can put an SRM on my cycleops indoortrainer).

PaulMD said:
Is there a difference in accuracy between the SRM pro and the SRM dura ace?

The SRM pro has 4 strain gauges and the SRM dura ace has 8 strain gauges (same amount as the SRM science) but I read everywhere that the SRM pro and the SRM dura ace have an accuracy of 2% (the science with 8 gauges has 0.5%).

Now I have to hope that the SRM pro is also available in ISIS and with a compact version (then I can put an SRM on my cycleops indoortrainer).
When you go to the SRM web site you'll see that while the Dura Ace SRM has 8 strain gauges, it's claimed accuracy is still only 2%
http://www.srm.de/englisch/pdf/080906_techndatenrr_en.pdf

So yes, if accuracy is your primary/only criteria, there's no difference between the Pro and Dura Ace models.

PaulMD said:

I can't recall where I read it, but someone from SRM stated that 8 gauges what what they needed with the DA crank to match the accuracy of the pro model. So no, buying the DA will not improve your accuracy.