SRM slope drift

RapDaddyo said:
Well, you seem to be the only one who thinks Ric is "hiding" something. The products (and services) he sells are clearly identified on his website. He sells PT PMs. You seem to assume that if somebody sells a product that they will therefore misrepresent other, competing products. Maybe that's the way you do business, but it is not a foregone conclusion that a business person is going to provide inaccurate, negative information about their competitors. As to the name of the website, why should it be named "Stern Cycling Forum?" Maybe everybody should come to you before they name a website, to be sure you approve. Basically, you seem to be ready to conclude that if somebody sells a product or service that they are lying if they say anything about another product or service. Is that how you operate? If you think Ric has provided inaccurate, negative information about another vendor's products or services, why don't you put forward the facts instead of just the logical argument that if he's selling product X that therefore he will lie about product Y.
Cycling Forums is Ric's commercial website-although you'd never know it. Why not?
He certainly doesn't clearly state all the products and services he's selling on this site. Why not?
I don't know whether he's doing justice to the all the products and services he doesn't have a financial interest in and neither does anyone else because he's keeping that information under his vest? Why?
When he's given a chance to make disclosure, as any real pro would, he falls apart. Why? What's he got to hide? I don't understand it any better than you do.
I don't know whether or not Ric slants his comments toward his own products and services-but the fact that he won't even tell us the full extent of those services, products, and sponsorship that he receives looks very strange. Don't you think?
Ric could cure this all in a heartbeat. Why doesn't he?
It's never going away.

Hi all

Sorry for posting in this old thread - I just thought it was the most appropriate...

I have had my SRM amature powermeter for around 3½ years now, and have always just trusted the yearly calibration done by SRM in Germany.

Well, with all the treads on different forums around the Internet which states that the factory calibration MAY be off + that I SEEM to have gotten stronger (but my numbers seems consistent with last year) I thought it was time to do a little calibration myself ;-)

Anyway - I think I got the basics covered - just got a couple of additional questions that I was hoping some of the knowledgeable people of this forum could answer:

Is ONE weight enough? How heavy should it be?

To make calibration every 3 months easy, I would buy a 10 kg. weight – get it weighted on an accurate scale to make sure the weight is accurate – and then just use this when it's time to get the calibration done.

Do I really have to buy 3 separate weights to get the accuracy of the calibration good enough?