SRM slope problem

Discussion in 'Power Training' started by Zach-dk, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Zach-dk

Zach-dk New Member

I have a problem with my SRM slope.
    I have just been away from my bike for six weeks. In the same period my SRM was in Germany to get a new battery and calibration.
    Ten days ago I remounted my SRM and did my first ride in six weeks. Do I have to tell you my form was nowhere near what it was before. Since then I have trained every second day for 2-2½ hours.
    Yesterday I went with my club for the first time. I picked a slower group than usual and did ok but definitely worse than before my vacation. We did three L4 intervals.
    When I got home WKO+ showed me some very "nice" numbers including a personal in the 1 second, 6 and 8 minute durations.
    I know I didn´t perform anything like a personal best yesterday. Today I have done a calibration of my SRM using a 20 kg weight and there is a difference to the number SRM has got. SRM got 17 Hz while I got 18,86.
    If the number I got from SRM is correct all my old numbers from before my vacation are way too low.
    If my calibartion is correct then everything fits but the question must then be, how can SRM be so wrong with their calibration?

Zach

Tags:

2. JIM WV

JIM WV New Member

Could be that both of you are right, at least at the point in time when you and SRM calilbrated. With my SRM, I checked the slope after riding it for ~1 hour and it was very close to SRM slope. I rechecked after ~15 hours of riding and my number was now lower than the reported slope. It then held steady and has continued to do so. Doesn't account for you new bests given your lack of form, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it drift after putting 10+ hours on it.