SS question

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by M&M, Jun 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M&M

M&M Guest

I am converting an old rigid MTB into a SS and I need info I can relay to my LBS so he can order the
    components (Hubs , crankset , gearing , BB). I can't seem to find any info in the online catalogs .
    I know that there was a company that made SS specific components a while back but I don't recall the
    brand. TIA !

M&M

Tags:

2. Mattb

Mattb Guest

"M&M" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I am converting an old rigid MTB into a SS and I need info I can relay to my LBS so he can order
    > the components (Hubs , crankset , gearing , BB). I can't seem to find any info in the online
    > catalogs . I know that there was a company that made SS specific components a while back but I
    > don't recall the brand. TIA !
    >
    > M&M

Surly is probably who you are thinking of. White Industries also makes some SS stuff.

There are others. Maybe someone else can chime in with some more.

Matt

3. Mike Cox

Mike Cox Guest

4. Doug Taylor

Doug Taylor Guest

"M&M" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I am converting an old rigid MTB into a SS and I need info I can relay to my LBS so he can order
    > the components (Hubs , crankset , gearing , BB). I can't seem to find any info in the online
    > catalogs . I know that there was a company that made SS specific components a while back but I
    > don't recall the brand.

Great on-line source of SS components: www.webcyclery.com

5. Phil Lee

Phil Lee Guest

> There are others. Maybe someone else can chime in with some more.

I found that JensonUSA is selling their own SS/geared/disc/v frame with standard 27.2 SP, 31.8 FD, 1
    1/8" HT specs. A bit heavy though.

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product.asp?number=18207

--
    Phil, Squid-in-Training

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.