SS question

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by M&M, Jun 9, 2003.

  1. M&M

    M&M Guest

    I am converting an old rigid MTB into a SS and I need info I can relay to my LBS so he can order the
    components (Hubs , crankset , gearing , BB). I can't seem to find any info in the online catalogs .
    I know that there was a company that made SS specific components a while back but I don't recall the
    brand. TIA !

    M&M

    Tags:

  2. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    "M&M" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I am converting an old rigid MTB into a SS and I need info I can relay to my LBS so he can order
    > the components (Hubs , crankset , gearing , BB). I can't seem to find any info in the online
    > catalogs . I know that there was a company that made SS specific components a while back but I
    > don't recall the brand. TIA !
    >
    > M&M

    Surly is probably who you are thinking of. White Industries also makes some SS stuff.

    There are others. Maybe someone else can chime in with some more.

    Matt

  3. Mike Cox

    Mike Cox Guest

  4. Doug Taylor

    Doug Taylor Guest

    "M&M" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I am converting an old rigid MTB into a SS and I need info I can relay to my LBS so he can order
    > the components (Hubs , crankset , gearing , BB). I can't seem to find any info in the online
    > catalogs . I know that there was a company that made SS specific components a while back but I
    > don't recall the brand.

    Great on-line source of SS components: www.webcyclery.com

  5. Phil Lee

    Phil Lee Guest

    > There are others. Maybe someone else can chime in with some more.

    I found that JensonUSA is selling their own SS/geared/disc/v frame with standard 27.2 SP, 31.8 FD, 1
    1/8" HT specs. A bit heavy though.

    http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product.asp?number=18207

    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training