This is on a Maverick-type sus and the change in chain length due so sus travel is only a few mm.
I was always attracted to Surly's Singulator because it looked so much cleaner, but heard too many negative reports on durability.
Looking at the device shown on page 21 of the February MBA mag ("Gamut USA G45 Chain guide"😉, it seems like it would do the same job - also without hanging down where it could be bent/broken.
Anybody tried this? Issues with the chain derailing from the rear cog because of wagging back and forth? -- PeteCresswell
Looking at the device shown on page 21 of the February MBA mag ("Gamut USA G45 Chain guide"😉, it seems like it would do the same job - also without hanging down where it could be bent/broken.
In the absence of a URL, I should add that this one of those thingies that mounts up behind the front chain wheel and tensions the chain by pulling it up - wrapping a little around the trailing teeth of the chain wheel.
I see them on der-equipped downhill bikes a lot. -- PeteCresswell