@sshole Driver Statistics

LotteBum

New Member
Nov 2, 2004
1,138
We're all cyclists, so I believe it is safe to start this thread:

Generally speaking, which types of cars do you all find to be the worst on the roads?

I, personally, am always very careful around Commodores. Even the newer ones tend to - again, generally speaking - be driven by Bogans/Westies/Bevans (but with a tad more cash).

It seems I am too often right when I tell my partner (who hasn't been riding on the roads nearly as long as I have) "Just watch out, it's a Commodore" and then we get cut off/almost killed by the said vehicle.

I'm interested to see what everyone here thinks.

Cheers,
Lotte

P.S. I drive a pink Corolla which tend to more often than not be driven by grannies - now there's dangerous for you.

> Generally speaking, which types of cars do you all find to be the worst
> on the roads?

Toyota Hilux drivers seem to feature heavily in my worst driver list, both
as a motorist and a cyclist, followed closely by Toyota Landcruiser drivers.
The Hilux seems to be typically driven by young male drivers with a
superiority complex, whereas the Lancruiser is driven by older male drivers
with the same superiority complex. Maybe the same people start off with a
Hilux then upgrade to the 'cruiser when they get older?

Bjay

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 at 07:07 GMT, LotteBum (aka Bruce)
> P.S. I drive a pink Corolla which tend to more often than not be driven
> by grannies - now there's dangerous for you.

Oh, hell yeah, although my granny incident involved a white car of
similar make.

I was riding along, and a car slowed at an intersection, and pulled
out, about 2m in front of me. It drove rather slowly down the road,
and I overtook it, and yelled into the window. The little old granny
jumped in her seat.

Made me slightly guilty (didn't know it was a granny), but then I
was ****** off that such a blind bat was still allowed to drive.

Like most computer techie people, I'll happily spend 6 hours trying to figure
out how to do a 3 hour job in 10 minutes. --Rev. James Cort, ASR

LotteBum wrote:

> Generally speaking, which types of cars do you all find to be the worst
> on the roads?

I'm not racist. I hate _all_ car drivers equally.
--
Linux Registered User # 302622 <http://counter.li.org>

"LotteBum" <[email protected]
> Generally speaking, which types of cars do you all find to be the worst
> on the roads?

ANYTHING with a 'P' plate attached
4WD's, specifically women in large RangeRover and
LandCruiser types
Tradesman utes/vans early morning
Taxis, not too bad in the 'burbs though

Any vehicle can contain a ******. Most common
wankerbox would be the car with p's displayed.

I've been hit by a commodore, a commodore ute,
a shitbox Datsun or Corona, probably a couple more,
side-swiped by a Kingswood, I've run into an XF
Falcon, a Honda 4WD and Torana or Falcon. I've had
near misses with every frickin' model you care to name..

hazardous hippy

Dark green Hyundai Excel; BAD GIRL sticker; blond; can multi-task texting,
smoking and makeup preparation in rear-view mirror. Avoid.

There was a survey done once about 2 or 3 years back by the NRMA regarding
who were supposed to be the safest allround drivers on the road in
Sydney......I was tottally flabbergasted when the results came back as
Tradesmen are generally the safest and I thought WTF???? who are they
kidding? I reckon they'd have to be among the worst I've struck whilst on
my bike.

From the bloke doing the local lawn cutting job in a hurry to get as many
done before the sun goes down to the young builder's apprentice who has just
gotten his P Plates back somehow able to get his **** behind the wheel of a
black SS Holden Ute, to the Luigi's in their early 80's hilux van with paint
dripping from the back door yackin away to his offsider........the list goes
on....they are among the worst with one exception............the BLOODY
VOLVO driver!!

DJ

LotteBum wrote:

> Generally speaking, which types of cars do you all find to be the worst
> on the roads?

Red ones, black ones, green ones, blue ones, white ones.
Hmm just about all, except multicoloured rainbow ones (but check the
eyes).
Actually, anything under 18 wheels is generally a menace {:).

hippy said:
"LotteBum" <[email protected]
> Generally speaking, which types of cars do you all find to be the worst
> on the roads?

ANYTHING with a 'P' plate attached
4WD's, specifically women in large RangeRover and
LandCruiser types
Tradesman utes/vans early morning
Taxis, not too bad in the 'burbs though

Any vehicle can contain a ******. Most common
wankerbox would be the car with p's displayed.

I've been hit by a commodore, a commodore ute,
a shitbox Datsun or Corona, probably a couple more,
side-swiped by a Kingswood, I've run into an XF
Falcon, a Honda 4WD and Torana or Falcon. I've had
near misses with every frickin' model you care to name..

hazardous hippy

Commodores. but then again they wil lwont they?
there are more of them.
young tradeys are the worst IMHO. trying to prove they are NOT worthy of the initiation ceremony anymore, and given twats as rolemodels...

seen driving near home today.
Commodore with stickers on windscreen upper above driver "Brad".
Above passenger "Brad's *****".
no, I am not kidding...

hippy said:
ANYTHING with a 'P' plate attached
4WD's, specifically women in large RangeRover and
LandCruiser types
Tradesman utes/vans early morning
Taxis, not too bad in the 'burbs though

Add, anything with a 'P' _or an 'L', usually not as numerous as 'P' s but tends to be nervous & unpredictable. Any small plastic bubble car, blue, silver or red with young female driver. Include any fully sick late model Holden/Ford with too many young blokes, bonus points for all windows down, arms dangling. Someone should inform them of limbs out window = demerit points. Maybe they're too stupid to realise they're putting their 'mates' license in jeopardy.

Any vehicle can contain a '******', is there more suitable terminology for female drivers? I find some of them freaking bizarre - you could possibly jump to the conclusion that a fellow woman maybe more accepting of a another on a bicycle. Nope. Maybe it's a ego/insecurity/power control thang. A personal observation, I think some women have a tendency to be more brittle, too many pressures, too much media influenced ****, less accepting. But you could say that about society in general, not just car culture.

hippy said:
I've been hit by a commodore, a commodore ute,
a shitbox Datsun or Corona, probably a couple more,
side-swiped by a Kingswood, I've run into an XF
Falcon, a Honda 4WD and Torana or Falcon. I've had
near misses with every frickin' model you care to name..
hazardous hippy

Unfortunately a good cross section I'd agree with. Just returned from a lovely stay up in Bright (Alpine Classic), to this horrible hit-run news. :(

"flyingdutch" <[email protected]
> seen driving near home today.
> Commodore with stickers on windscreen upper above driver "Brad".
> Above passenger "Brad's *****".
> no, I am not kidding...

That's gotta be a pisser of a photo op. if his mate
Johno is sitting in the front seat with him..

hippy
"Say cheese, loser!"

"LotteBum" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> We're all cyclists, so I believe it is safe to start this thread:
>
> Generally speaking, which types of cars do you all find to be the worst
> on the roads?
>
> I, personally, am always very careful around Commodores. Even the
> newer ones tend to - again, generally speaking - be driven by
> Bogans/Westies/Bevans (but with a tad more cash).
>
> It seems I am too often right when I tell my partner (who hasn't been
> riding on the roads nearly as long as I have) "Just watch out, it's a
> Commodore" and then we get cut off/almost killed by the said vehicle.
>
> I'm interested to see what everyone here thinks.
>
> Cheers,
> Lotte
>
> P.S. I drive a pink Corolla which tend to more often than not be driven
> by grannies - now there's dangerous for you.
>

> --
> LotteBum

Sadly it's nothing to do with the make/model of the car it's purely the
driver of the car that makes it dangerous to other road users. Ban a
particular model just because it's killed a few innocents and the
dangerous/incompetent drivers will just find another weapon - i mean model
of personal motor transport.

Geoff
- Cyclist as well as Holden Commodore and Daewoo Lanos Owner (formerly a
Ford Falcon, Toyota Corona and Corolla Owner)

without doubt the idiot-factor amongst drivers is mutiplied 10-fold if there are multiple young males in the car.

Out at Panton Hill a passenger yelled something wierd at me and gesticulated and then passed blah and yelled something wierd and seemed to slow down then sped off just as a bunch of about a dozen guys came by.
Numbers do work in our favours sometimes :rolleyes:

Geoff wrote:
> "LotteBum" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>We're all cyclists, so I believe it is safe to start this thread:
>>
>>Generally speaking, which types of cars do you all find to be the worst
>>on the roads?
>>
>>I, personally, am always very careful around Commodores. Even the
>>newer ones tend to - again, generally speaking - be driven by
>>Bogans/Westies/Bevans (but with a tad more cash).
>>
>>It seems I am too often right when I tell my partner (who hasn't been
>>riding on the roads nearly as long as I have) "Just watch out, it's a
>>Commodore" and then we get cut off/almost killed by the said vehicle.
>>
>>I'm interested to see what everyone here thinks.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>Lotte
>>
>>P.S. I drive a pink Corolla which tend to more often than not be driven
>>by grannies - now there's dangerous for you.
>>

>>--
>>LotteBum
>>

> Sadly it's nothing to do with the make/model of the car it's purely the
> driver of the car that makes it dangerous to other road users. Ban a
> particular model just because it's killed a few innocents and the
> dangerous/incompetent drivers will just find another weapon - i mean model
> of personal motor transport.
>
> Geoff
> - Cyclist as well as Holden Commodore and Daewoo Lanos Owner (formerly a
> Ford Falcon, Toyota Corona and Corolla Owner)

Yeah yeah Geoff, _all_ Commodore owners say that ;)

--
Nick

White vans.
Taxis.
Young girls driving with friends in the back seat (watch the driver crane their necks expounding their opinion on Beth Cartrights hair style or love life) &/or mob phone going.

"NickZX6R" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>> Sadly it's nothing to do with the make/model of the car it's purely the
>> driver of the car that makes it dangerous to other road users. Ban a
>> particular model just because it's killed a few innocents and the
>> dangerous/incompetent drivers will just find another weapon - i mean
>> model of personal motor transport.
>>
>> Geoff
>> - Cyclist as well as Holden Commodore and Daewoo Lanos Owner (formerly a
>> Ford Falcon, Toyota Corona and Corolla Owner)
>>

> Yeah yeah Geoff, _all_ Commodore owners say that ;)
>
> --
> Nick

I was a Falcon owner up until last week...honest.
I don't know why but it was easier to convince the wife that we needed a new
car than it has been to convince her that I need a BT Track Bike Frame.

Maybe the Carbon Fibre Road Disk wheel i've just bought for her might soften
her up a bit. We'll see.

Geoff

Would have to be any tricked-up Japanese motor car that is being driven
by a young bloke with way too much grease in the hair and bling on the
body!!!

Although, the first time I was 'whacked' was by a guy in a black BMW
(Him: I'm so sorry mate, I'm a cyclist too... Me (through two smashed
bloody front teeth): You're f@#%ing kidding!!)

And the 2nd time was an 86-year-old assassin in a... White Commodore.
So definitely no stereotype for me!!

Cheers,
Absent Husband

"LotteBum" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> We're all cyclists, so I believe it is safe to start this thread:
>
> Generally speaking, which types of cars do you all find to be the worst
> on the roads?
>
> I, personally, am always very careful around Commodores. Even the
> newer ones tend to - again, generally speaking - be driven by
> Bogans/Westies/Bevans (but with a tad more cash).

Although I can identify most car types whose drivers hassle me, I must admit
the Commodore - especially the older one - figures prominently. Commodore
with P plates. If there's one person inside it - not too bad. Two people -
watch out. Three or more "people" - warning! alert! alarm! This is where I
expect to be deliberately forced off the road and yelled at. It also depends
on what pubs there are nearby.

Henry.

> It seems I am too often right when I tell my partner (who hasn't been
> riding on the roads nearly as long as I have) "Just watch out, it's a
> Commodore" and then we get cut off/almost killed by the said vehicle.
>
> I'm interested to see what everyone here thinks.
>
> Cheers,
> Lotte
>
> P.S. I drive a pink Corolla which tend to more often than not be driven
> by grannies - now there's dangerous for you.
>

> --
> LotteBum

"Geoff" <[email protected]
> I was a Falcon owner up until last week...honest.
> I don't know why but it was easier to convince the wife that we needed a
> new car than it has been to convince her that I need a BT Track Bike
> Frame.
>
> Maybe the Carbon Fibre Road Disk wheel i've just bought for her might
> soften her up a bit. We'll see.

Your missus rides and she doesn't want a BT in the house?!?! ;o)

hippy

> "Geoff" <[email protected]
>> I was a Falcon owner up until last week...honest.
>> I don't know why but it was easier to convince the wife that we needed a
>> new car than it has been to convince her that I need a BT Track Bike
>> Frame.
>>
>> Maybe the Carbon Fibre Road Disk wheel i've just bought for her might
>> soften her up a bit. We'll see.

> Your missus rides and she doesn't want a BT in the house?!?! ;o)
>
> hippy

It's not that she does not want it in the house (Kitchen walkway where
parking space is getting a little tight) it's more of the $5000 for a frame
that you only use for half the year mentality I have to crack.

Geoff