SS'ing 1/20

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Dave A, Dec 10, 2006.

  1. Dave A

    Dave A Guest

    Jaywoo.

    Reading cycle2max. You did the 1/20 on your SS four times???
    Wow. Good time. Stinking hot day.
    Congrats that's impressive!

    Cheers
    DaveA

    Tags:

  2. gplama

    gplama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2004
    Messages:
    7,817
    it's actually more impressive - he did all four sides of the 'nongs on the SS. The 1/20 is the easiest of the lot!

  3. Dave A

    Dave A Guest

    gplama wrote:
    > it's actually more impressive - he did all four sides of the 'nongs on
    > the SS. The 1/20 is the easiest of the lot!
    >

    > --
    > gplama

    So that would be,
    A) 1/20
    B) from Belgrave
    C) from Montrose
    D) ???

  4. PiledHigher

    PiledHigher Guest

    Dave A wrote:
    > gplama wrote:
    > > it's actually more impressive - he did all four sides of the 'nongs on
    > > the SS. The 1/20 is the easiest of the lot!
    > >

    > > --
    > > gplama

    > So that would be,
    > A) 1/20
    > B) from Belgrave
    > C) from Montrose
    > D) ???

    The wall???

  5. Snuffy

    Snuffy New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2006
    Heh.. I did 1/20 on my fixie on Saturday... passed an middle aged bloke on an S-Works who didn't appreciateit and tried to keep up.... passed a few other people too (and got passed by several)....

    Got to Sassafras and realised that I'd forgotten the spanner to flip the rear wheel around... DOH... no freewheeling...*sigh*.... back down I go in fixie mode, riding the brake, getting passed by absolutely everyone including Mr S-Works... no blowout luckily... *phew*

  6. JayWoo

    JayWoo New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah, it was a challenge I was wanting to give a go. With Tour of Bright out the way, it's time for some fun stuff!
    There's a bunch of guys I ride with and they call this ride the 'Crucifixion' as it covers the 4 corners of the Nongs. So it's;

    1:20
    Devils Elbow
    Full Monty
    The Wall

    The Inverness rd was the leg tester.

  7. JayWoo

    JayWoo New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2004

    I reckon it's harder going down the 1:20 fixed:D Nice work!

  8. neverclimbed32

    neverclimbed32 New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
  9. Snuffy

    Snuffy New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2006
    Yeah... my right hand and shoulder were hurting more on the way down than my quads were on the way up.....And there's nothing like 175mm cranks to put the fear of pedal strikes into you on a twisty descent....

  10. JayWoo

    JayWoo New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2004

    69GI

  11. neverclimbed32

    neverclimbed32 New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Whats this inches buisness?
    Australia went metric in 74 !
    I'm riding about the same (70) so i'll give it a go.

  12. Snuffy

    Snuffy New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2006
    69 GI too...

  13. jur

    jur New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2005
    Hey Snuff, d'ya reckon you could do the Full Monty on the fixie...? Perhaps we could give it a go together, we could console each other after we have fallen over on Inverness Rd... :D

    Mind you, you have to absolutely trust your drive train on the Full Monty, one slip and you're dead. Mine 77GI SS is slipping now on a 15% slope, so none for me now, thanks.

  14. Snuffy

    Snuffy New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2006
    Steep hills eh?? Need to get some side-to-side action going...
    http://tinyurl.com/ymusjk

  15. Gags

    Gags Guest

    "JayWoo" <[email protected].cyclingforums.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Yeah, it was a challenge I was wanting to give a go. With Tour of Bright
    > out the way, it's time for some fun stuff!
    > There's a bunch of guys I ride with and they call this ride the
    > 'Crucifixion' as it covers the 4 corners of the Nongs. So it's;
    >
    > 1:20
    > Devils Elbow
    > Full Monty
    > The Wall
    >
    > The Inverness rd was the leg tester.

    JayWoo, Any chance of posting the route on bikely.com.....might be worth
    having a look at during Christmas holidays. One of my mates is keen to do
    Mt Donna Buang and the ride you are talking about could be another one to
    look at.

    Gags

  16. JayWoo

    JayWoo New Member