SSM Regal

alienator

Jun 10, 2004
I'm looking for a black SSM Regal. It doesn't matter whether it's got steel or ti rails, but it does need to have the silver colored rivets. I have cash, or I can trade an SSM Rever.

Anybody?

alienator said:
I'm looking for a black SSM Regal. It doesn't matter whether it's got steel or ti rails, but it does need to have the silver colored rivets. I have cash, or I can trade an SSM Rever.

Anybody?

Ya know these are still being made? We have them at the shop. Can't remember the price, I'm at home but I think about $125 or so.

I got one from the late 80's. The padding has turned to stone but alas it has the copper coloured 'rivets' and the sides have seen the floor at great speed a few times...

It's still a great saddle though - but it can't match the Toupe for comfort. Maybe a newer better padded one could.

Peter@vecchios said:
Ya know these are still being made? We have them at the shop. Can't remember the price, I'm at home but I think about $125 or so.

I know, but I'm looking to try before I buy. Moreover, I'm not even sure the Regal will work with with the EPostR5 (seat mast) on my Look 595.

saymtb_6230.jpg

I'm also tempted to try an SI Turbo or Turbomatic....not Turbomatic 2. I had a Turbo 4 bikes ago, but my butt doesn't remember too well what it was like. I belive, though, it wasn't tortous. I tried a Toupe for some time but found the padding didn't hold up, and it started to pain me. The SLR is an a$$-hatchet. The Arione is too narrow, and the Aliante too position limiting and painful. The old SI Flight caused numb bits. I'd be interested to try an SSM Regale, but they're gonna be $200+! The new SI Turbomatics looked interesting, but when I looked closer and saw they had CF rails, I lost interest.

Have you considered anything from Prologo? Their profile is similar to the old school contoured shape rather than the newer flat top, ala Arione and SLR. I just got the Prologo Choice and like it. Or if you're a weight watcher, go with the carbon shell Scratch model for about twice the cost, same shape.

I'm especially a fan of the SSM Rolls, Regal and Concor trio. Fits me well.

Tech72 said:
Have you considered anything from Prologo? Their profile is similar to the old school contoured shape rather than the newer flat top, ala Arione and SLR. I just got the Prologo Choice and like it. Or if you're a weight watcher, go with the carbon shell Scratch model for about twice the cost, same shape.

I'm especially a fan of the SSM Rolls, Regal and Concor trio. Fits me well.

Prologo seats are too narrow.