Sswc'03



C

cfsmtb

Guest
Yep, it seriously rocked! Does anyone else out there in newgroupland
have a story/photos or two about the groovy weekend at Castlemaine?
excellent event, no attitudes to deal with, just good ol' grubby
singletrack fun in the pine forest. In recovery, have bruised ribs, but
the Hawaiian sportsbra saved us from possible worst injuries. bloody
techie singletrack, bloody pine tree, bloody stoopid of me slamming on
the brakes. but bloody great tequila shots before the race, plus the
added fun of a Beer Tent in the middle of the "race". (beer is a
wonderful painkiller). it was a blast.



--
life ain't much but there's nothing else to do

>--------------------------<

Posted via cyclingforums.com
http://www.cyclingforums.com
 
H

hippy

Guest
"cfsmtb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Yep, it seriously rocked! Does anyone else out there in newgroupland
> have a story/photos or two about the groovy weekend at Castlemaine?
> excellent event, no attitudes to deal with, just good ol' grubby
> singletrack fun in the pine forest. In recovery, have bruised ribs,

but

Forget my question earlier then! :)

> the Hawaiian sportsbra saved us from possible worst injuries. bloody
> techie singletrack, bloody pine tree, bloody stoopid of me slamming on
> the brakes. but bloody great tequila shots before the race, plus the
> added fun of a Beer Tent in the middle of the "race". (beer is a
> wonderful painkiller). it was a blast.


I totally second that!
It was one of the most fun things I've ever done on a bike!

I will do it again in a second! I'm actually looking for more
races to do - www.ftf.com.au has some xc races listed and
you can enter on a SS and I'll just not take it too seriously
to try and create the same effect :).
I'm also hunting around for more info on a SS frame..
I'd love to build up a nice, expensive on-one or spot now...

Here are some shots. They are mostly from the party the
night before (because I wasn't about to rip out the digicam
in the middle of an mtb race! :) )

WARNING!! SOME IMAGES CONTAIN NUDITY!
http://www.openwindows.com.au/hippy/sswc03/
DO NOT OPEN if offended by the (drunk) human form!

hippy
- who can now claim to have competed at "world level"! :)
 
H

hippy

Guest
"Kristjan Snorrason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Re: more SS fun.
> We have a special "unofficial" SS class at the Kona 24hr, which has it's

own
> rewards and prizes for those riding the event in a SS team.
> www.fullgaspromotions.com.au/24hour.html
> cheers,
> snozza


Does anyone out there want to enter an SS team?

I'd like to do this but don't think I could find enough
like minded dudes and dudettes (damn my car driving,
motorbike riding mates!).

It doesn't even have to be a SS team and it will
certainly not be serious (maybe serious, but not
fast :)).

hippy
 
T

troyq

Guest
"hippy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<bp26vq$[email protected]>...
> "Kristjan Snorrason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Re: more SS fun.
> > We have a special "unofficial" SS class at the Kona 24hr, which has it's

> own
> > rewards and prizes for those riding the event in a SS team.
> > www.fullgaspromotions.com.au/24hour.html
> > cheers,
> > snozza

>
> Does anyone out there want to enter an SS team?
>
> I'd like to do this but don't think I could find enough
> like minded dudes and dudettes (damn my car driving,
> motorbike riding mates!).
>
> It doesn't even have to be a SS team and it will
> certainly not be serious (maybe serious, but not
> fast :)).
>
> hippy


hippy,

i'd be interested in joining in... was supposed to do the 'mont' but a
broken wrist suggested otherwise. Also missed out on the ss worlds
because of said wrist, plus my on-one was still a work in progress.

The bike is still a work in progress but my wrist is right to go.
Hopefully in the next week though...
Cheers,
Troy
 
H

hippy

Guest
"troyq" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> i'd be interested in joining in... was supposed to do the 'mont' but a
> broken wrist suggested otherwise. Also missed out on the ss worlds
> because of said wrist, plus my on-one was still a work in progress.


Bummer about the wrist. Mmm... On-One... I like! :)

> The bike is still a work in progress but my wrist is right to go.
> Hopefully in the next week though...


I'm in discussion with Steve from the pubbug list about entering a team.
Not sure yet if we have the numbers to do it and not sure how
many would ride SS. It'd be nice to attempt the SS title though.

I'll keep you posted on our progress...

hippy
 
H

hippy

Guest
"cfsmtb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Yep, it seriously rocked! Does anyone else out there in newgroupland
> have a story/photos or two about the groovy weekend at Castlemaine?


Here's another report of the event from one of the guys
from the States who was sitting opposite us on the Sat night:
http://www.road2moab.com/Editorial/editsswc2003.htm

Look closely... who's that in the lei? ;-)

Here's some gallery photos:
http://www.road2moab.com/GallerySSWC2003/page-1.htm

Hey, that number plate photo looks familiar! Is that a red V8
pedal in the background? ;-)

hippy