Sswc'03

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by cfsmtb, Nov 12, 2003.

  1. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb Guest

    Yep, it seriously rocked! Does anyone else out there in newgroupland
    have a story/photos or two about the groovy weekend at Castlemaine?
    excellent event, no attitudes to deal with, just good ol' grubby
    singletrack fun in the pine forest. In recovery, have bruised ribs, but
    the Hawaiian sportsbra saved us from possible worst injuries. bloody
    techie singletrack, bloody pine tree, bloody stoopid of me slamming on
    the brakes. but bloody great tequila shots before the race, plus the
    added fun of a Beer Tent in the middle of the "race". (beer is a
    wonderful painkiller). it was a blast.

    --
    life ain't much but there's nothing else to do

  2. hippy

    hippy Guest

    "cfsmtb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Yep, it seriously rocked! Does anyone else out there in newgroupland
    > have a story/photos or two about the groovy weekend at Castlemaine?
    > excellent event, no attitudes to deal with, just good ol' grubby
    > singletrack fun in the pine forest. In recovery, have bruised ribs,

    but

    Forget my question earlier then! :)

    > the Hawaiian sportsbra saved us from possible worst injuries. bloody
    > techie singletrack, bloody pine tree, bloody stoopid of me slamming on
    > the brakes. but bloody great tequila shots before the race, plus the
    > added fun of a Beer Tent in the middle of the "race". (beer is a
    > wonderful painkiller). it was a blast.

    I totally second that!
    It was one of the most fun things I've ever done on a bike!

    I will do it again in a second! I'm actually looking for more
    races to do - www.ftf.com.au has some xc races listed and
    you can enter on a SS and I'll just not take it too seriously
    to try and create the same effect :).
    I'm also hunting around for more info on a SS frame..
    I'd love to build up a nice, expensive on-one or spot now...

    Here are some shots. They are mostly from the party the
    night before (because I wasn't about to rip out the digicam
    in the middle of an mtb race! :) )

    WARNING!! SOME IMAGES CONTAIN NUDITY!
    http://www.openwindows.com.au/hippy/sswc03/
    DO NOT OPEN if offended by the (drunk) human form!

    hippy
    - who can now claim to have competed at "world level"! :)

  3. Re: more SS fun.
    We have a special "unofficial" SS class at the Kona 24hr, which has it's own
    rewards and prizes for those riding the event in a SS team.
    www.fullgaspromotions.com.au/24hour.html
    cheers,
    snozza

  4. hippy

    hippy Guest

    "Kristjan Snorrason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Re: more SS fun.
    > We have a special "unofficial" SS class at the Kona 24hr, which has it's

    own
    > rewards and prizes for those riding the event in a SS team.
    > www.fullgaspromotions.com.au/24hour.html
    > cheers,
    > snozza

    Does anyone out there want to enter an SS team?

    I'd like to do this but don't think I could find enough
    like minded dudes and dudettes (damn my car driving,
    motorbike riding mates!).

    It doesn't even have to be a SS team and it will
    certainly not be serious (maybe serious, but not
    fast :)).

    hippy

  5. hippy

    hippy Guest

    "cfsmtb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Yep, it seriously rocked! Does anyone else out there in newgroupland
    > have a story/photos or two about the groovy weekend at Castlemaine?

    Here's a bit of a recap from someone:
    http://tinyurl.com/v3f1

    hippy

  6. troyq

    troyq Guest

    "hippy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Kristjan Snorrason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Re: more SS fun.
    > > We have a special "unofficial" SS class at the Kona 24hr, which has it's

    > own
    > > rewards and prizes for those riding the event in a SS team.
    > > www.fullgaspromotions.com.au/24hour.html
    > > cheers,
    > > snozza

    > Does anyone out there want to enter an SS team?
    >
    > I'd like to do this but don't think I could find enough
    > like minded dudes and dudettes (damn my car driving,
    > motorbike riding mates!).
    >
    > It doesn't even have to be a SS team and it will
    > certainly not be serious (maybe serious, but not
    > fast :)).
    >
    > hippy

    hippy,

    i'd be interested in joining in... was supposed to do the 'mont' but a
    broken wrist suggested otherwise. Also missed out on the ss worlds
    because of said wrist, plus my on-one was still a work in progress.

    The bike is still a work in progress but my wrist is right to go.
    Hopefully in the next week though...
    Cheers,
    Troy

  7. hippy

    hippy Guest

    "troyq" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > i'd be interested in joining in... was supposed to do the 'mont' but a
    > broken wrist suggested otherwise. Also missed out on the ss worlds
    > because of said wrist, plus my on-one was still a work in progress.

    Bummer about the wrist. Mmm... On-One... I like! :)

    > The bike is still a work in progress but my wrist is right to go.
    > Hopefully in the next week though...

    I'm in discussion with Steve from the pubbug list about entering a team.
    Not sure yet if we have the numbers to do it and not sure how
    many would ride SS. It'd be nice to attempt the SS title though.

    I'll keep you posted on our progress...

    hippy

  8. hippy

    hippy Guest

    "cfsmtb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Yep, it seriously rocked! Does anyone else out there in newgroupland
    > have a story/photos or two about the groovy weekend at Castlemaine?

    Here's another report of the event from one of the guys
    from the States who was sitting opposite us on the Sat night:
    http://www.road2moab.com/Editorial/editsswc2003.htm

    Look closely... who's that in the lei? ;-)

    Here's some gallery photos:
    http://www.road2moab.com/GallerySSWC2003/page-1.htm

    Hey, that number plate photo looks familiar! Is that a red V8
    pedal in the background? ;-)

    hippy

  9. hippy

    hippy Guest