SSWC06 Stockholm

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Duncan, Mar 27, 2006.

  1. Duncan

    Duncan Guest

    Hi,
    Anyone here going to the Single Speed Worlds in Stockholm this year?

    I'm a definate maybe, I feel I have a duty to represent my country
    (Australia) as the current national off road fixed gear champion. Hopefully
    I'd have more than two people to compete against this time...

    What are the trails like around Stockholm? Does anyone here know what the
    course might be like? I've been racing/riding fixed a bit lately but on
    fairly 'fixed friendly' trails and that still results in quite a few
    accidents. It's funny what gets you on a fixie, I've done fairly technical
    descents but throw in a badly placed pair of rocks, a log or an off chambre
    section and you can get spat off your bike in the blink of an eye.

    Cheers,
    Duncan.

    Tags:

  2. JD

    JD Guest

    Duncan wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Anyone here going to the Single Speed Worlds in Stockholm this year?

    Not me.

    JD

  3. Duncan wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Anyone here going to the Single Speed Worlds in Stockholm this year?
    >
    > I'm a definate maybe, I feel I have a duty to represent my country
    > (Australia) as the current national off road fixed gear champion. Hopefully
    > I'd have more than two people to compete against this time...
    >
    > What are the trails like around Stockholm? Does anyone here know what the
    > course might be like? I've been racing/riding fixed a bit lately but on
    > fairly 'fixed friendly' trails and that still results in quite a few
    > accidents. It's funny what gets you on a fixie, I've done fairly technical
    > descents but throw in a badly placed pair of rocks, a log or an off chambre
    > section and you can get spat off your bike in the blink of an eye.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Duncan.

    I haven't done any of the trails, but I have been in and around
    Stockholm, Sverige. When I was there, I did note that there are a fair
    number of hills (nothing super steep or really long, just lots of them).
    Stockholm itself is on an archepellego so there is lots of up and down
    between the water and the higer ground.

    When you get away from the city proper and into the suburbs, it is
    considerably more flat.

    My best guess is that they'd keep off road stuff closer to the water and
    hit you with more of the hills. I can't see it being really nasty in
    terms of rocks, but I can see it being one hell of a workout for the legs.

    Psycho Mike