St. George the Nutcase (or, what it's like to be Moses)

Discussion in 'Your Bloody Soap Box' started by Wurm, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Wurm

Wurm New Member

God told me to invade Iraq, Bush tells Palestinian ministers

President George W Bush told Palestinian ministers that God had told him to invade Afghanistan and Iraq - and create a Palestinian State, a new BBC series reveals.

In Elusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs, a major three-part series on BBC TWO (at 9.00pm on Monday 10, Monday 17 and Monday 24 October), Abu Mazen, Palestinian Prime Minister, and Nabil Shaath, his Foreign Minister, describe their first meeting with President Bush in June 2003.

Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'"

Abu Mazen was at the same meeting and recounts how President Bush told him: "I have a moral and religious obligation. So I will get you a Palestinian state."

The series charts the attempts to bring peace to the Middle East, from President Bill Clinton's peace talks in 1999/2000 to Israel's withdrawal from Gaza last August.

Norma Percy, series producer of The 50 Years War (1998) returns, with producers Mark Anderson and Dan Edge, to tell the inside story of another seven years of crisis.

Presidents and Prime Ministers, their generals and ministers tell what happened behind closed doors as peace talks failed and the intifada exploded.

Israel and the Arabs: Elusive Peace - Mondays 10, 17 and 24 October, from 9.00 to 10.00pm on BBC TWO.http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2005/10_october/06/bush.shtml

Tags:

2. Wurm

Wurm New Member

Let's try a few word-associations:

Paranoid schizophrenic.....umm...George Bush?!

George Bush......ahh....delusions of grandeur!?

Average Bush supporter....dumber than a small soap dish?

Cognitive dissonance.....Bush voter!

3. Colorado Ryder

Colorado Ryder New Member

More word association fun....

INSANE = WURM

THEORIST = WURM

IDEOLOGUE = WURM

4. Bikerman2004

Bikerman2004 New Member

Am I correct in saying that according to you, if I support Bush, I am dumb? What's with the name calling?

5. Weisse Luft

Weisse Luft New Member

Ignore Wurm. He cannot understand something as simple as gasoline distribution and marketing yet he thinks we should listen to him because he is yet another mouthpiece of the closet communist party.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/10/07/051007131357.nstalu7a.html

6. Colorado Ryder

I just mock him. I won't be childish and put Wurm on my ignore list.

7. Wurm

Wurm New Member

Well, I can't see a whole lot of other reasons to continue supporting someone who is clearly in violation of so many of the laws and principles that he swore to uphold. I mean, what's left? Criminally complicit, blindly and ridiculously partisan, demogogic, suffering from cognitive dissonance, insane, or plain old pig-headedness? All of which entail some lack of intelligence.

Gee, maybe I should waste bandwidth saying it in a more "diplomatic", roundabout way, using a few more paragraphs to say the same thing?

8. Weisse Luft

Weisse Luft New Member

EVERYTHING you post is a waste of bandwidth.

9. Colorado Ryder

Congratulations. You have just described yourself. We have met the enemy and he is YOU.

10. Colorado Ryder

Well Well Well...lookie here

FBI FREEH UNLOADS ON CLINTON: 'CLOSETS WERE FULL OF SKELETONS'
    Thu Oct 06 2005 14:07:50 ET

Louis Freeh Speaks for the First Time About his Terrible Relationship with the President

In another revelation, Freeh says the former president let down the American people and the families of victims of the Khobar Towers terror attack in Saudi Arabia. After promising to bring to justice those responsible for the bombing that killed 19 and injured hundreds, Freeh says Clinton refused to personally ask Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah to allow the FBI to question bombing suspects the kingdom had in custody – the only way the bureau could secure the interviews, according to Freeh. Freeh writes in the book, “Bill Clinton raised the subject only to tell the crown prince that he understood the Saudis’ reluctance to cooperate and then he hit Abdullah up for a contribution to the Clinton Presidential Library.” Says Freeh, “That’s a fact that I am reporting.”

And according to Wurmster amd Limerickman it was all Bush's fault!

11. lyotard

lyotard New Member

as for the shameless references to god of a holier than thou bush (when it suits, such as preying on the fears and faith of a nation) there is no doubt, as so many factual examples exist.
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/opinion/2002043481_domke23.html

"it can't happen here"

12. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

Episode three - where it is alleged that Bush stated that God told him to invade iraq and afghanistan - is being transmitted on Monday 24th October
    at 9.00pm.

Incidentally, went to a public talk last night by The Independent journalist,
    Robert Fisk.
    Fantastic evening - very very informative stuff.
    Fisk is a superb correspondent.

13. MountainPro

MountainPro New Member

when someone posts stuff about Bush that appears on the face of things to be absurd, such as invading Iraq becuase it was Gods idea and the counltess Bushism, all the bush lickers start say that they are absurd lies.

the allegations are all (or mostly) true. but i understand why they deny it, the witlessness of this man is truly staggering even they cant believe thier ears. then the truth outs the man as it always does they eventually have to concede...must be very soul destroying supporting Bush when he continually lets you down in such a catastrophic fashion.

14. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U New Member

Did anyone ever tell you that your shorts are too tight?

15. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

but we told 'em not to vote for him last November - and we're now being proven right.

16. Wurm

Wurm New Member

Yes, and it's tough to admit that you've been punked, suckered, screwed, and shanghied, when you tossed away your vote for the pukes.

How goddamned dumb can people get??! :confused::rolleyes:

17. wolfix

wolfix New Member

I will agree that the peoples confindence is at an all time low with Bush..... It's in the 30%'s..... But the people's confidence in the democrats in Congress is in the 20%'s..... The thing I always notice about liberals is that they always are shouting what's wrong with the Republicans..They never have any answers to anything. And the American people see this....
    I call this "coffee shop politics." People love to complain and predict disasters that never happen, but when you ask them "What's the answer?" They always reply with "What's wrong with the Republicans" or "It needs fixed." No solutions.

18. Wurm

Wurm New Member

There is plenty wrong with the Dems, and I haven't pretended there isn't.

But they're not the ones in power right now in all 3 Branches of gov't, who are creating the vast majority of the misery this country (and other countries) are being subjected to.

I don't see one Federal Dem under investigation or indictment right now, do you? If so, let us know.

Meanwhile, I think it's far more important to get the criminals under control before we can have a clear discussion about what comes afterwords.