St. Paddy's day parade bent style.

I think that a generator was also being carried. So the weight of the trailer, organ, organ grinder,
and electricity is what the greenspeed pulled. Perhaps someone from HPVOoO will jump in with the
weight being pulled.

Brian

a&b wrote:
> How'd they do that? I see the pics of what must have been the prep but wonder how they powered
> it. bill g
>
> Brian Martin wrote:
>
>>Note the Greenspeed with a fully working Hanmmond B-3 organ being played during the parade.
>>
>>HPVOoO (human powered vehicle operators of Ottawa). http://tricolour.net/photos/2003/03/15/
>>http://vic.dyndns.org/pics/2003-03-15/index-simple.html
>>
>>Brian

Here is the answer from Juergen of the HPVOoO (http://www.tricolour.net/hpv/).

Two battery packs (assembled from 12V gel cells) and a UPS (uninterruptable power supply) going
to an inverter to provide the power to the organ Total weight estimate on the trailer
approaching 900lbs.

Brian

Brian Martin wrote:
> I think that a generator was also being carried. So the weight of the trailer, organ, organ
> grinder, and electricity is what the greenspeed pulled. Perhaps someone from HPVOoO will jump in
> with the weight being pulled.
>
> Brian
>
> a&b wrote:
>
>> How'd they do that? I see the pics of what must have been the prep but wonder how they powered
>> it. bill g
>>
>> Brian Martin wrote:
>>
>>> Note the Greenspeed with a fully working Hanmmond B-3 organ being played during the parade.
>>>
>>> HPVOoO (human powered vehicle operators of Ottawa). http://tricolour.net/photos/2003/03/15/
>>> http://vic.dyndns.org/pics/2003-03-15/index-simple.html
>>>
>>> Brian

That's pretty swell! bill g

Brian Martin wrote:

> Here is the answer from Juergen of the HPVOoO (http://www.tricolour.net/hpv/).
>
> Two battery packs (assembled from 12V gel cells) and a UPS (uninterruptable power supply) going
> to an inverter to provide the power to the organ Total weight estimate on the trailer
> approaching 900lbs.
>
> Brian
>
> Brian Martin wrote:
> > I think that a generator was also being carried. So the weight of the trailer, organ, organ
> > grinder, and electricity is what the greenspeed pulled. Perhaps someone from HPVOoO will jump in
> > with the weight being pulled.
> >
> > Brian
> >
> > a&b wrote:
> >
> >> How'd they do that? I see the pics of what must have been the prep but wonder how they powered
> >> it. bill g

Nice to see your photos. Wish I was there!!!

Fergus Brighton, UK

"a&b" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> That's pretty swell! bill g
>
> Brian Martin wrote:
> >
> > Here is the answer from Juergen of the HPVOoO (http://www.tricolour.net/hpv/).
> >
> > Two battery packs (assembled from 12V gel cells) and a UPS (uninterruptable power supply) going
> > to an inverter to provide the power to the organ Total weight estimate on the trailer
> > approaching 900lbs.
> >
> > Brian
> >
> > Brian Martin wrote:
> > > I think that a generator was also being carried. So the weight of the trailer, organ, organ
> > > grinder, and electricity is what the greenspeed pulled. Perhaps someone from HPVOoO will jump
> > > in with the weight
being

a&b <[email protected]> wrote:
> How'd they do that? I see the pics of what must have been the prep but wonder how they powered
> it. bill g

Here's the URL that provides the full scoop:

http://hpv.tricolour.net/organ-trailer.html

This was a real piece of work! Juergen Weichert (he's riding his homebuilt LWB in the photos) and
Richard Briggs (owner of the Greenspeed tandem that is towing this set-up) welded up the trailer,
sorted out the power supply, and found the organist and his organ! (Yes, we heard all the jokes
about that one...)

I was there, but since my Linear is in winter storage, I rode one of Mike Watson's crazy bikes (as
were many of the gang). I'm on the 'Rainbow chopper", wearing the tall 'horny' hat. We are already
tossing around ideas for the next parade here in town. The organist is game to try it again, so next
time I will join him with my drum kit, and possibly a few horn players. Of course. we'll need more
trailers, but we've got 'em, or will build 'em!

Cheers, Mark

>>Brian Martin wrote:
>>
>> Note the Greenspeed with a fully working Hanmmond B-3 organ being played during the parade.
>>
>> HPVOoO (human powered vehicle operators of Ottawa). http://tricolour.net/photos/2003/03/15/
>> http://vic.dyndns.org/pics/2003-03-15/index-simple.html
>>
>> Brian

It looked like a blast! I would sure like to know more about the bike trailer.

Also- Consider getting someone in your group to post to some lists when you are having an event.
- Recumbent Cycling Ontario
- HPV Builders
- Recumbent Newsgroup _ IHPVA lists

Some of us would have LOVED to come and add a few more bikes to the fun.

in article [email protected], Mark at [email protected] wrote on
3/19/03 1:03 AM:

> a&b <[email protected]> wrote:
>> How'd they do that? I see the pics of what must have been the prep but wonder how they powered
>> it. bill g
>
> Here's the URL that provides the full scoop:
>
> http://hpv.tricolour.net/organ-trailer.html
>
> This was a real piece of work! Juergen Weichert (he's riding his homebuilt LWB in the photos) and
> Richard Briggs (owner of the Greenspeed tandem that is towing this set-up) welded up the trailer,
> sorted out the power supply, and found the organist and his organ! (Yes, we heard all the jokes
> about that one...)
>
> I was there, but since my Linear is in winter storage, I rode one of Mike Watson's crazy bikes (as
> were many of the gang). I'm on the 'Rainbow chopper", wearing the tall 'horny' hat. We are already
> tossing around ideas for the next parade here in town. The organist is game to try it again, so
> next time I will join him with my drum kit, and possibly a few horn players. Of course. we'll need
> more trailers, but we've got 'em, or will build 'em!
>
> Cheers, Mark

I'd love to know when you are next having a get-together. More bents to swell the ranks!

Also does the trailer maker have a contact email so we can discuss specifics?

Jay <[email protected]> wrote:
> I'd love to know when you are next having a get-together. More bents to swell the ranks!
>
> Also does the trailer maker have a contact email so we can discuss specifics?

Sure. He's Juergen Weichert, and I know for a fact that he'd be happy to share what was done. Ever
since he got his welding rig he'd been itching to build things. He and I are going to build an SUV
trike along the lines of the HPM Tri-Hauler.

Juergen's email is: [email protected]

Cheers, Mark
Come and visit my Webpages at: http://pages.istar.ca/~marker/

> Jay <[email protected]> wrote:
>> I'd love to know when you are next having a get-together. More bents to swell the ranks!
>>
>> Also does the trailer maker have a contact email so we can discuss specifics?

> Mark at [email protected] wrote on 3/21/03 3:13 AM: Sure. He's Juergen Weichert, and I know for a
> fact that he'd be happy to share what was done. Ever since he got his welding rig he'd been
> itching to build things. He and I are going to build an SUV trike along the lines of the HPM
> Tri-Hauler.
>
> Juergen's email is: [email protected]
>
> Cheers, Mark

I just emailed Organic Engines two weeks ago to see if I could buy plans for it, based on only
personal use. It would cost a fortune to ship up to Canada.

A buddy of mine built one and would gladly answer questions.
http://members.rogers.com/melonjoe/recumbent.html

I have been lusting for real hauling trailers and the like.

Jay <[email protected]> wrote:
> I just emailed Organic Engines two weeks ago to see if I could buy plans for it, based on only
> personal use. It would cost a fortune to ship up to Canada.
>
> A buddy of mine built one and would gladly answer questions.
> http://members.rogers.com/melonjoe/recumbent.html
>
> I have been lusting for real hauling trailers and the like.

Hi Jay,

Yes, we know Joe, and we've even made him an honourary HPVOoO member!

Mark

in article [email protected], Mark at [email protected] wrote on
3/21/03 1:03 PM:

> Jay <[email protected]> wrote:
>> I just emailed Organic Engines two weeks ago to see if I could buy plans for it, based on only
>> personal use. It would cost a fortune to ship up to Canada.
>>
>> A buddy of mine built one and would gladly answer questions.
>> http://members.rogers.com/melonjoe/recumbent.html
>>
>> I have been lusting for real hauling trailers and the like.
>
> Hi Jay,
>
> Yes, we know Joe, and we've even made him an honourary HPVOoO member!

I just bought three of his bikes/trikes from those pages. Since I host some recumbent events
locally- I will now have 6 bents to use and lend out.