stacking ... and things

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Small Black Dog, Jun 28, 2003.

  1. So I finally got a new job at a bike shop. Doing retail for now but it's still good fun and the pay
    is tidy. The 1/3rd priced parts and retail price bikes are also desirable perks :cool:

    Went dirt jumping today and found a new area with an incredible 13ft tall northshore. The end is
    used as a run in to about 7 sets of doubles. Insane shit so I left to return to the easier stuff.

    Got back to the 'bomb hole' and jumped from 9 till 11. The last jump I do is cursed by my idiotic
    "right, last jump". Its getting dark and I head back up to the plateau. Run down the slop and into
    this fairly easy single with a lip that provides a nice 'pop'. The rear wheel slips out and I chuck
    the bike away and stack. took most of it on my neck and lid but managed to rip up a bit of my elbow.

    Ah well, just have to go do it all again tomorrow I suppose :)

    Small Black Dog

    Tags:

  2. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > So I finally got a new job at a bike shop. Doing retail for now but it's still good fun and the
    > pay is tidy. The 1/3rd priced parts and retail price bikes are also desirable perks :cool:
    >
    > Went dirt jumping today and found a new area with an incredible 13ft tall northshore. The end is
    > used as a run in to about 7 sets of doubles. Insane shit so I left to return to the easier stuff.
    >
    > Got back to the 'bomb hole' and jumped from 9 till 11. The last jump I do is cursed by my idiotic
    > "right, last jump". Its getting dark and I head back up to the plateau. Run down the slop and into
    > this fairly easy single with a lip that provides a nice 'pop'. The rear wheel slips out and I
    > chuck the bike away and stack. took most of it on my neck and lid but managed to rip up a bit of
    > my elbow.
    >
    > Ah well, just have to go do it all again tomorrow I suppose :)
    >
    > Small Black Dog

    Now try it with SPD's, sissy!
    --
    Slacker

  3. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Small Black Dog" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > So I finally got a new job at a bike shop. Doing retail for now but it's still good fun and the
    > pay is tidy. The 1/3rd priced parts and retail
    price
    > bikes are also desirable perks :cool:
    >
    > Went dirt jumping today and found a new area with an incredible 13ft tall northshore. The end is
    > used as a run in to about 7 sets of doubles. Insane shit so I left to return to the easier stuff.
    >
    > Got back to the 'bomb hole' and jumped from 9 till 11. The last jump I do
    is
    > cursed by my idiotic "right, last jump". Its getting dark and I head back
    up
    > to the plateau. Run down the slop and into this fairly easy single with a lip that provides a nice
    > 'pop'. The rear wheel slips out and I chuck the bike away and stack. took most of it on my neck
    > and lid but managed to rip up a bit of my elbow.
    >
    > Ah well, just have to go do it all again tomorrow I suppose :)
    >
    > Small Black Dog

    Ow! Never, ever say "This is the last..." anything. ;^) Sounds like a sweet place!

    Mike - always just one more.

  4. > Ow! Never, ever say "This is the last..." anything. ;^) Sounds like a sweet place!

    > Mike - always just one more.

    Pictures of the jump spots to come.

    Small Black Dog

  5. David L

    David L Guest

    "Small Black Dog" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > So I finally got a new job at a bike shop. Doing retail for now but it's still good fun and the
    > pay is tidy. The 1/3rd priced parts and retail
    price
    > bikes are also desirable perks :cool:
    >
    > Went dirt jumping today and found a new area with an incredible 13ft tall northshore. The end is
    > used as a run in to about 7 sets of doubles. Insane shit so I left to return to the easier stuff.
    >
    > Got back to the 'bomb hole' and jumped from 9 till 11. The last jump I do
    is
    > cursed by my idiotic "right, last jump". Its getting dark and I head back
    up
    > to the plateau. Run down the slop and into this fairly easy single with a lip that provides a nice
    > 'pop'. The rear wheel slips out and I chuck the bike away and stack. took most of it on my neck
    > and lid but managed to rip up a bit of my elbow.
    >
    > Ah well, just have to go do it all again tomorrow I suppose :)
    >
    > Small Black Dog

    same thing happened, here we used to have a set that had a picnic tables in between. did it over and
    over, said last one and wiped out, took most of it on my elbow, but the chin and neck also got some.

    Dave