Stage 1 Predictions

YIMan

Jul 2, 2005
Predictions anyone? While Armstrong and Ullrich are the bookies favourites, I think someone like Rogers could take it.

Does anyone have any form information on this length/profile of TT?

It very windy out there today.... with some light showers.... it will be tough....

This is a better map as you can see how close they are to the coast and where all the mind will be coming from.....

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2005//tour05/?id=stages/tour051

This is a big call but I'm going Vino to win as its a very very very tough course........

"It should be a dry, but windy day for the 189 riders taking part in the first stage of the Tour de France between Fromentine and Noirmoutier. After a cloudy morning, it's supposed to clear more towards the afternoon and evening as the weather front moves east. The wind direction may change from northwest and switch around to the west, meaning it will be a head/crosswind, blowing at 10-20 km/h. The temperature will be 17 degrees in the morning, rising to 25 in the afternoon. "

Sorry, I meant form as in who has won on this type/length of course before.[/QUOTE]

whiteboytrash said:
It very windy out there today.... with some light showers.... it will be tough....

This is a better map as you can see how close they are to the coast and where all the mind will be coming from.....

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2005//tour05/?id=stages/tour051

This is a big call but I'm going Vino to win as its a very very very tough course........

"It should be a dry, but windy day for the 189 riders taking part in the first stage of the Tour de France between Fromentine and Noirmoutier. After a cloudy morning, it's supposed to clear more towards the afternoon and evening as the weather front moves east. The wind direction may change from northwest and switch around to the west, meaning it will be a head/crosswind, blowing at 10-20 km/h. The temperature will be 17 degrees in the morning, rising to 25 in the afternoon. "

Sorry, I meant form as in who has won on this type/length of course before.
[/QUOTE]
Wow! What a stage! Of course, Armstrong was amazing. Absolutely. And Zabriskie now has the honor of winning stages in all three grand Tours. Vino and Voigt were wonderful. And Hincapie has shown the form of his life. Very, very bad for Ullrich. Very embarrassing to be caught in a 19km TT.

I'm no American cheerleader, but I am very proud of my country's excellent showing today.

Hey, how about Karpets? He may figure more than we thought!

And I agree, LA almost certainly gave the win to Zabriskie in order to stay out of the Yellow jersey and to give it to an American on CSC.

tcklyde said:
And I agree, LA almost certainly gave the win to Zabriskie in order to stay out of the Yellow jersey and to give it to an American on CSC.
When Lance foot come out of the cleat I was hoping it was'nt an omen.
I tend to agree,"LA almost certainly gave the win to Zabriskie", since Lance already made the biggest statement of the Tour in passing ulrich.