Stage 10 TDF : Grenoble - Courchevel

USPS and now Discovery Channel's success is based on the fact that they always control the peloton going into the last climb. On saturday, they were not in control, Illes Baleares were at the front driving. That's what got them into difficulty and Armstrong got isolated.

Discovery Channel will surely sheppherd Armstrong over the Cormet de Roseland. Any team with aspirations of winning needs to wrestle control from Discovery before the climb to Courshevel.

Oke team CSC will probably control the peloton till the first climb......and after that it's for the disco's to take responsibility. Like Julich said: 'it's (the TDF) not ours to win, but his (LA) to lose'!

I don't know.........I really think the disco's have regrouped...........I do think there will be attacks, but in the end disco will have yellow back..

Wishfull thinking.......we'll see!

Tubbs said:
USPS and now Discovery Channel's success is based on the fact that they always control the peloton going into the last climb. On saturday, they were not in control, Illes Baleares were at the front driving. That's what got them into difficulty and Armstrong got isolated.

Discovery Channel will surely sheppherd Armstrong over the Cormet de Roseland. Any team with aspirations of winning needs to wrestle control from Discovery before the climb to Courshevel.

You will see T-Mobile driving it hard up the first climb to soften up eveyone's legs.... they will drop away leave it Discovery or someone else and then boom, boom, boom on the final climb...... just you wait..... there going to be blood all over Courchevel tomorrow.....

MJtje said:
Oke team CSC will probably control the peloton till the first climb......and after that it's for the disco's to take responsibility. Like Julich said: 'it's (the TDF) not ours to win, but his (LA) to lose'!

I don't know.........I really think the disco's have regrouped...........I do think there will be attacks, but in the end disco will have yellow back..

Wishfull thinking.......we'll see!

whiteboytrash said:
You will see T-Mobile driving it hard up the first climb to soften up eveyone's legs.... they will drop away leave it Discovery or someone else and then boom, boom, boom on the final climb...... just you wait..... there going to be blood all over Courchevel tomorrow.....
According to someone who climbed Courchevel yesterday, it's friggin' cold up the climb. He said he was shivering as he got to the village and he still had 6 km more. This pretty much puts Ullrich at a disadvantage because he doesn't like cold weather. I think Lance, Vino(aka The Flying Forehead), Basso, and Heras will go it. Depending one Heras's for of course. I think Lance or Basso will win the stage. They've both looked good, but I can't see the Flying Forehead getting away on the climb like he did at Ventoux in June. I hope Lance and Basso ride away with it.

We´ve seen USPS leading the peloton in the mountain stages even when Lance was not with the mallot jaune... I can see it happening again... At Courchevel´s foot... Popo, Rubiera, Beltran, Hincapie, Savoldelli and finanlly Azevedo in the front, giving the pace to the survivors, and then Armstrong attacks...

They did it lots of times with Heras, now with Azevedo...

Le_cannibale said:
According to someone who climbed Courchevel yesterday, it's friggin' cold up the climb. He said he was shivering as he got to the village and he still had 6 km more. This pretty much puts Ullrich at a disadvantage because he doesn't like cold weather. I think Lance, Vino(aka The Flying Forehead), Basso, and Heras will go it. Depending one Heras's for of course. I think Lance or Basso will win the stage. They've both looked good, but I can't see the Flying Forehead getting away on the climb like he did at Ventoux in June. I hope Lance and Basso ride away with it.
http://uk.weather.com/outlook/recreation/ski/weather/detail/333005?dayNum=0

The forecast.

Le_cannibale said:

They're rationing water in France at the moment : hottest summer in Europe for years.
Courchevel was cold yesterday ?

Hmmmm.
The European weather forecast for the Grenoble region has it pitched at 35c for tomorrow.
Ok it will be cooler at altitude - but cold ?
i doubt that it will be cold.

whiteboytrash said:
Well... wait a minute folks!!! Discovery have played some cards, T-Mobile have played some cards, CSC have played some cards... and even Illes Balears have played some cards. We haven't yet seen Phonak or Gerolsteiner. The Landis/Botero combination have yet to show their faces along with Leipheimer and Toschnig. Armstrong and Co. may have their hands full tomorrow.

so, did anyone notice the camera zooming in on the exact place where bruyneel went off the road on the cormet-de-roselend descent in 96? :p
it was a wet day.. zuelle crashed twice off camera on the same descent..

Tubbs said:
Well... wait a minute folks!!! Discovery have played some cards, T-Mobile have played some cards, CSC have played some cards... and even Illes Balears have played some cards. We haven't yet seen Phonak or Gerolsteiner. The Landis/Botero combination have yet to show their faces along with Leipheimer and Toschnig. Armstrong and Co. may have their hands full tomorrow.
i was on the last hairpin on the Cormet's decent last Tuesday, and what a great place, we went up the Roseland the previous day and it was hard work, very hot, but freezing on top. The stage was excellent from being over 5 mins behind the leaders when they passed us, to winning the stage (well, he would have if he hadn't eased up and let Valverde through!!! i know i'll get some stick for that comment) Lance and co did an amazing job on a difficult and unusual day.

Shame Valverde has to pull out, he has been excellent in this year's tour too.