Stage 10 TDF - Wednesday, July 18: Tallard - Marseille, 229.5km

limerickman

Jan 5, 2004
Some respite from the very high mountains arrives in the shape of stage 10.

Here's the profile of the route in climbing terms :

Km 57: Côte de Châteauneuf-Val-Saint Donat: 3.3 km climb to 3.1 % / 4th Cat.
Km 93: Côte de Villedieu: 1.1 km climb @ 5.2 % grade / 4th Cat.
Km 201.5: Côte des Bastides: 7.5 km climb @ 2.9 % grade / 3rd Cat.
Km 219.5: Col de la Gineste: 7.5 km climb @ 3.2 % grade / 3rd Cat.

Not an easy stage by any means : but a respite none the less.

Your guess as to who may win is as good (or bad!) as mine.

honestly i hate these middle flat stages. i have no interest in guessing because i don't care. meh i guess i want boonen to win.

It's a day for a roadman : Patrice Halgand springs to mind.

Jose Garcia Acoste is a possibility.

I'm probably wrong (as usual).

From cycling news:

"For stage 10 the green jersey didn't have much ambition and send out the message that Quickstep will not be pulling the peloton. "It won't be a sprint tomorrow, who's going to work for a sprint?" Boonen pointed out that Quickstep will try to avoid a bunch sprint to make sure he can keep his 13-point lead over Erik Zabel."

Looks like a break will win unleess one of the other sprinter's teams want to work all day.

Hello,

I'm a newbie to this site. It's cool.
I'm playing a cycling manager game, where you get to pay and change your riders everyday (it's a really good game actually, but you need to put up with the Danish interface) and riders win money.
You get to have (obviously :) ) 9 riders on your team.
Stages, like this are the hard ones.
I'd already picked out Voigt and will probably have him as captain, cos with what Boonen has said and the fact that Pozzato and Schumacher have both eyed stage 12 instead, I think it might be a breakaway that stays away (although I'm still tempted to get Schumacher). Picking out the other riders who will go in a break is nigh on impossible though.
I think I'm going to go for Millar, Voeckler, and maybe Tankink.
You get points for positions (with the winner getting the most) but you also get bonus points for how many of your 9 come in the top 15 (nearly doubling for each one more), so picking who will go in the breakaway is the key for me.
I like the idea of Halgand. Has anyone got any other ideas?

jane_robs said:
Hello,

I'm playing a cycling manager game, where you get to pay and change your riders everyday (it's a really good game actually, but you need to put up with the Danish interface) and riders win money.
I'd already picked out Voigt and will probably have him as captain, cos with what Boonen has said and the fact that Pozzato and Schumacher have both eyed stage 12 instead, I think it might be a breakaway that stays away (although I'm still tempted to get Schumacher). Picking out the other riders who will go in a break is nigh on impossible though.
You get points for positions (with the winner getting the most) but you also get bonus points for how many of your 9 come in the top 15 (nearly doubling for each one more), so picking who will go in the breakaway is the key for me.
What game is this?

Leaf said:
What game is this?
http://dr.swush.com/default_nologin.asp

It's run by a Danish TV channel. It's really quite good. I think you have to start from the start, I'm not sure you can get an account half way through but you maybe can.... I'm just checking. Yes you can. Not much good for trying to win but you can register now have some fun and be ready for the game next year, if you like it.

You need to register: Opret profil in top links.
Enter email, password (Kode:) confirm (Gentag ), etc accept terms with the check box. You'll get sent email with a verification code. Enter this, and then on main screen you can click Start Spil. To create team = Opret dit team her. Enter the name, choose the riders etc.
You also get to have a captain, who will get double the points they make on that stage.

If you want the points, you can probably work out what the things mean (Danish is sometimes pretty similar to English). this is found in Regler > Se pointsystem.... button.

Sorry for the delay. I just made a new team to see if that was possible.

If you want to play and want more help, just post here.

More info.

The game is free (I didn't mean you have to pay to play). You have a budget and have to pay for riders. The riders go up in value when they get points, and go down in value for being so many minutes behind on a stage or abandoning. So the money you have in the game generally goes up quite fast. It means that if you're doing quite well, by the mid stage you can almost afford all the people you want, especially when swapping from climbers to spinters for example, but if you missed the boat on Ras the other day, for example, then he will have gone up in price and you may not be able to afford him later, as he gets more expensive.

This means that starting now with 50 million is not ideal.. but if you're interested in it at least it will get you used to playing before next year.

Top 10 tonight

1. Voeckler
2. Voigt
3. Acosta
4. Millar
5. Sylvain Chavanel
6. Pineau
7. Jalabert
8. Casar
9. Dessell
10. Bruseghin

Burghardt, Vassuer, Wegmann, R Grabsch, Savoldelli all up there aswell. Peloton to come in about 2 minutes later.

Voekler will attack the breakaway group with 1km to go and take a solo stage win. Voigt, Millar and the rest fight out the other placings.

Hi Jane... would you like to go out for a drink sometime ?

jane_robs said:
Hello,

Grater said:
Top 10 tonight

1. Voeckler
2. Voigt
3. Acosta
4. Millar
5. Sylvain Chavanel
6. Pineau
7. Jalabert
8. Casar
9. Dessell
10. Bruseghin

Burghardt, Vassuer, Wegmann, R Grabsch, Savoldelli all up there aswell. Peloton to come in about 2 minutes later.

Voekler will attack the breakaway group with 1km to go and take a solo stage win. Voigt, Millar and the rest fight out the other placings.
I can't stand the sight of Thomas Voeckler, I don't care who wins as long as it isn't this guy.

The stage is made for Voigt IMO :)

regards,

steve said:
I can't stand the sight of Thomas Voeckler, I don't care who wins as long as it isn't this guy.

The stage is made for Voigt IMO :)

regards,
Maybe T.Mobile might get a bit of luck tonight K. Kirchen.

Simon GERRANS (AG2R), Claudio CORIONI (Lampre), Anthony CHARTEAU (Credit Agricole), Manuel QUINZIATO (Liquigas), Philippe GILBERT (FDJ) and Andriy GRIVKO (Milram)

If that stays away, it's Gilbert or Gerrans for the win. If they let Quinziato get away though, he'll solo away to victory.