Stage 10: Termoli - Peschici, 187 km

I think that either Cunego or Bettini will win. The map didnt rate the climbs, but if they are not to tough, I think that Bettini will win, but if the climbs are tough, Cunego has a bog chance. Also, he has the insentive to leap over Gutierrez, which a 20 second bonus would do. I think that Di Luca will try to go, and so will Savodelli. Although Basso wont let the Discovery rider a long leash because Savodelli might gain time in the tt. Or, a break of unknown riders will go near the beginning of the stage and stay out there, with CSC simply taking it easy, and not loosing too much time. But, once more, Cunego wants to get up to second place, so count on Lampre setting the pace near the end. :)

The actual finishing straight it a short uphill, so it does suite the likes of Di Luca, Cunego, possibly Savoldelli. Di Luca and Cunego both haven't got stage wins yet, Savoldelli will be wanting the time bonus and another stage win so I reckon all three of them will give it a go.

luv2ride said:
I think that either Cunego or Bettini will win. The map didnt rate the climbs, but if they are not to tough, I think that Bettini will win, but if the climbs are tough, Cunego has a bog chance. Also, he has the insentive to leap over Gutierrez, which a 20 second bonus would do. I think that Di Luca will try to go, and so will Savodelli. Although Basso wont let the Discovery rider a long leash because Savodelli might gain time in the tt. Or, a break of unknown riders will go near the beginning of the stage and stay out there, with CSC simply taking it easy, and not loosing too much time. But, once more, Cunego wants to get up to second place, so count on Lampre setting the pace near the end. :)

It's FlanderS by the way! :eek:

The break stayed away! Nice attempt by Axel Merckx, I would have liked to have seen him win. Nice to see Wegelius doing some hard work for his team leader. I dream of the day GB gets a pro-tour point.

Eldrack said:
The break stayed away! Nice attempt by Axel Merckx, I would have liked to have seen him win. Nice to see Wegelius doing some hard work for his team leader. I dream of the day GB gets a pro-tour point.
But what was Lampre doing????

Limiting the time gap perhaps? Once they had it at about 3 minutes it seemed to stay there for a while, went down a bit then back up. Perhaps they didn't feel strong enough to bring the break back so let it go. Still, rather strange.

Eldrack said:
Limiting the time gap perhaps? Once they had it at about 3 minutes it seemed to stay there for a while, went down a bit then back up. Perhaps they didn't feel strong enough to bring the break back so let it go. Still, rather strange.
Yeah a rather strange move, CSC will thank them for it...

cyclingheroes said:
But what was Lampre doing????
keeping Pellizotti from getting too much time and going ahead of Cunego... he just moved up 19 places on GC and is now siitting in 4th place.. and he's a good climber + decent ITT'r.. a better question is why would they let that break go with Pellizotti in it in the first place?

doctorSpoc said:
keeping Pellizotti from getting too much time and going ahead of Cunego... he just moved up 19 places on GC and is now siitting in 4th place.. and he's a good climber.. a better question is why would they let that break go with Pellizotti in it in the first place?
Yeah and why didn't they let CSC do the job???

cyclingheroes said:
Yeah and why didn't they let CSC do the job???
didn't see it... was CSC working and Lampre took over or did CSC just bluff Lampre into doing the work?

doctorSpoc said:
didn't see it... was CSC working and Lampre took over or did CSC just bluff Lampre into doing the work?
Lampre took the iniative and worked with the whole team for about 60 kilometers, in the last kilometer Jens Voigt (CSC) came at the front with Basso in his wheel and did the last few meters...

doctorSpoc said:
keeping Pellizotti from getting too much time and going ahead of Cunego... he just moved up 19 places on GC and is now siitting in 4th place.. and he's a good climber + decent ITT'r.. a better question is why would they let that break go with Pellizotti in it in the first place?
Apparently not much... didn't they essentially miss all the breaks in the stage? :confused: :eek:

Very cool pic from todays stage.

10.jpg