Stage 11: Tarbes-Val d'Aran/Pla-de-Beret (Spain), 208 km

Yep, Savo out the back on the first climb. Oh dear. Mind you he will probably catch back up on the descent, then get dropped again, then catch up on the descent, then get dropped again so badly he can't catch up. Apparantly he got dropped at the same time as Boonen. Thats got to hurt your confidence.

Apparently Floyd only has one team mate up with him. That ain't going to help his chances.

Capt.Injury said:
That isn't good, but with the long descent, I think he will get back on the peleton, Discovery got to hope that he is just going through a bad patch.
He probably will, but then he will get dropped for good on one of the subsequent climbs. He should not be getting dropped at what looks like an easy, steady pace being set by Ag2R.

Bro Deal said:
Heh, Voekler outsprints Rasmussen at the top. That's awesome.
Wonder why, Pineau is no where near the lead anymore, or else I would understand it for protecting a lead.

What was supposely the bunch, at the Top of the Tourmalet I only counted 14 riders, with a group of about another 12 about 10 seconds back. So on the 1st mountain pass, only a peleton of 30. Ag2r doing a very good job of pace making.

Of course teh Phonak member I would completely expect to be with Floyd at the top would be Robbie Hunter, :rolleyes:

Makes you think, what if Mancebo had been around considering how strong Ag2r have shown themselves to be on the Tourmalet. I suspect they will begin to fade however, the Tourmalet is a tough climb to have paced the peloton over.

Ag2r is quite impressive so far. They`re doing a great work protecting Dessel. That looks good for Moreau further on in the Alps.

Virenque said:
Ag2r is quite impressive so far. They`re doing a great work protecting Dessel. That looks good for Moreau further on in the Alps.

Then they must be doping,right? :D

This chase of Voeckler might be one of the most insane rides I have seen in recent years, to try and cross 4 minutes alone to a group of 4 breakaway riders on a hot days. If he makes it, it might be one of hte most incredible things I have seen. 45 seconds left to go for him....

Capt.Injury said:
This chase of Voeckler might be one of the most insane rides I have seen in recent years, to try and cross 4 minutes alone to a group of 4 breakaway riders on a hot days. If he makes it, it might be one of hte most incredible things I have seen. 45 seconds left to go for him....

I must learn to ride with my tongue hanging out. It seems to be the trick.

Capt.Injury said:
What a fighter. I love that guy.

Go Landis!

Bro Deal said:
What a fighter. I love that guy.

Go Landis!
True!!! I remember watching him in 2004 on the first day he was "supposed" to lose the jersey, but ended up saving it by a few seconds. He worked HARD to keep it.

It's nice to see him riding like this.

Looks like the whole Disco team is a pint low. The team is getting hammered. Popovych looks like he will get peeled off the back before the top.

Virenque said:
Dogs use it all the time. So yes, it probably works.:)
The fireworks are starting now. I think Landis is alone and why on earth is AG2R not helping Moreau, he is their guy for GC.

It doesn`t look good for DC. I expected more from Savoldelli and big George and especially from Popo. They still have Azevedo.

In my opinion T-Mobile did it too fast. It`s penultimate climb and plenty of riders will come back to the first group.