Stage 11: Tarbes-Val d'Aran/Pla-de-Beret (Spain), 208 km

Capt.Injury said:
Looks like Ace is the right person wearing the NO. 1 jersey as he is the last Discovery in the front group
He always was there best shot at the GC based on past results. It's a shame his ITT was so poor. The GC guys all seem to be picking up a helper right now. The pla-de-beret is going to be insane.

I don't see Karpets. I was expecting him to do a decent Tour.

De La Fuente is working like a dog.

Compliments to Tmob for blowing up their own team (and several other's).
They lit the fuse......

It's show time! This last climb may not decide the winner but will almost certainly tell who won't win.

Anyone have a sense of the likely time the stage ends? I am thinking of jumping out to catch the last half hour on TV somewhere... don't think I can spare an hour...

JRMDC said:
Anyone have a sense of the likely time the stage ends? I am thinking of jumping out to catch the last half hour on TV somewhere... don't think I can spare an hour...
Unfortunately its going to be about an hour, because they have 28 KM left and its all uphill from here on out.

JRMDC said:
Predictions are 16:52, 17:11, and 17:34 local time depending on average speed of 36kph, 34kph, and 32 kph respectively. They are at 34kph right now.

Capt.Injury said:
Unfortunately its going to be about an hour, because they have 28 KM left and its all uphill from here on out.
Thanks, might see about going in 15 minutes.

28km, one hour, 4-6% uphill! Geesh! Really amazing what these guys can do.

How about Leipheimer? After a few disastorous stages. Attacking.

a regular Jekyll and Hyde......

T-Mobiles work has looked like it will come with no results with Kloden falling off
the back of the Heads of State.

Eventhough many though with his past 2nd place and his position would put in for the win, I was thinking 3rd to 5th because he has shown he can have some bad days.

Interesting how Levi looks completely recovered from his horrible Time Trial

cPritch67 said:
as much as I am pulling for Floyd, he is starting to look a little weathered.
Impossible to tell from his facial expression. When Menchov attacked it was Landis and Sastre who immediately covered.

bummer, nearby sports bars open at 11:30, stage will be over by then, will have to "watch" via text updates from CN and Velonews :( :(

sounds exciting, oh well!

JRMDC said:
bummer, nearby sports bars open at 11:30, stage will be over by then, will have to "watch" via text updates from CN and Velonews :( :(

sounds exciting, oh well!
been watching since 3 am.....