Stage 12 TDF : Briancon - Digne les Bains : Spoiler

whiteboytrash said:
Did Beltran really fall ? Hmmmm.... I think there is a bit in this story......

http://www.procycling.com/news.aspx?ID=1427
There was not one word about Beltran or Discovery in that article. You are starting to become a Doping Troll like Flyer. We sure dont need 2 Doping Trolls around here. Just cause your boys in T-mobile are getting spanked, dont resort to this. I thought you retired anyway???

I have been hired back in as a highly paid external consultant....

Well I watched the footage and he hung at the back on the team car and claimed he retired due to a knee issue.... he has been wearing a knee brace for a few days but 'they' claimed he fell in the first km ! They were only going at 10km per hour ! Come on...

....should also mention its bloody hot out there today.

thebluetrain said:
There was not one word about Beltran or Discovery in that article. You are starting to become a Doping Troll like Flyer. We sure dont need 2 Doping Trolls around here. Just cause your boys in T-mobile are getting spanked, dont resort to this. I thought you retired anyway???

whiteboytrash said:

Well I watched the footage and he hung at the back on the team car and claimed he retired due to a knee issue.... he has been wearing a knee brace for a few days but 'they' claimed he fell in the first km ! They were only going at 10km per hour ! Come on...

http://www.procycling.com/news.aspx?ID=1430

whiteboytrash said:

The team of maillot jaune Lance Armstrong also experienced a significant loss after the crash and subsequent abandon of climber Manuel 'Triki' Beltran. Discovery Channel team manager Johan Bruyneel is still unsure how the accident happened, but was more concerned for the Spaniard's well-being after he landed on his head, race doctor Gérard Porte advising Bruyneel to pull him out of the race 15 kilometres after he remounted. Beltran was later taken to a local hospital to have some initial scans, and is reported to be in a stable condition.

"It could be very critical," said Armstrong on the loss of Beltran. "With two tough days coming up in the Pyrenées, we didn't want to lose any climbers, and Triki's one of our pure climbers. Having said that, what's happened happened and we have to look to Jose [Azevedo], Chechu [Rubiera], even George [Hincapie], Popo [Yaroslav Popovych] and Paolo Savoldelli to pick up the slack. I still feel very confident that with those seven guys, we can still manage."

whiteboytrash said:
Did you see the coverage ? He was complaining of knee problems to the race doctor..... I still think there is a story in this......
Did you read the article? It said he couldnt even remember the fall.

So you didn't actually see the race on TV ? Hmmmmmmm.... secondary information is always dangerous.... when you have seen it with your own eyes then come back to me.....

thebluetrain said:
Did you read the article? It said he couldnt even remember the fall.

whiteboytrash said:
So you didn't actually see the race on TV ? Hmmmmmmm.... secondary information is always dangerous.... when you have seen it with your own eyes then come back to me.....
Yes I watched the coverage this morning on OLN. I got up at 0630am to watch it and have been getting up at 0530am to watch the mountain stages. So yes I saw it with my own eyes. Come on back.

But you were tired and I know for a fact that OLN does not show the entire stage live so you wouldn’t have seen the incident live... only a replay of Beltran hanging onto the team car... stop lying..... I think we will have to wait until the fall out on two counts in the next couple of days..... 1. Was it really concussion 2. What effect will it have on Discovery in the Pyrenees….. response due on Sunday evening 5.30pm CET.=

thebluetrain said:
Yes I watched the coverage this morning on OLN. I got up at 0630am to watch it and have getting up at 0530am to watch the mountain stages. So yes I saw it with my own eyes. Come on back.

whiteboytrash said:
But you were tired and I know for a fact that OLN does not show the entire stage live so you wouldn’t have seen the incident live... only a replay of Beltran hanging onto the team car... stop lying..... I think we will have to wait until the fall out on two counts in the next couple of days..... 1. Was it really concussion 2. What effect will it have on Discovery in the Pyrenees….. response due on Sunday evening 5.30pm CET.=
You are right I was tired. As far as me being a liar, you asked if I watched the coverage and I did. Had you asked if I saw live coverage of the wreck then no I did not. As far as Sunday after the stage I will be here. Will you? I hope you conviently dont have anymore connection problems;) .

Lol, WBT has you were he wants............you will have the last laugh when LA has won le tour for the 7th time...........

thebluetrain said:
You are right I was tired. As far as me being a liar, you asked if I watched the coverage and I did. Had you asked if I saw live coverage of the wreck then no I did not. As far as Sunday after the stage I will be here. Will you? I hope you conviently dont have anymore connection problems:p .

MJtje said:
Lol, WBT has you were he wants............you will have the last laugh when LA has won le tour for the 7th time...........
WBT doesnt have nothing on me. I just hope he doesnt pull another disappearing act after the Pyrenees.

MJtje said:
Mentality of a winner........too bad the rest of the peloton always seem to ride for the 2nd place. It's slipped in there heads that LA can't be beaten........look at valverde, rasmussen, ullrich.......they all say it's impossible.......Maybe it is, still the mentality of the contenders need to be changed.......!
What they say to the media is likely to be very different to what they say behind closed doors. It is better to say publicly that you can't beat LA and do so rather than say you will beat him and fail.

I'm serious there mentality needs to be changed........ah well it's to late now. But IF you ask everyone honest who will win the tour: everyone says LA is not beatable......Put a super ride by LA in the proloque on top of that and everyone believes it even more......after stage 10 all the contenders agree: 'see I told you LA is not beatable'......

It's been like this since 2001........aah well like peter winnen said today on a dutch program next year will be exciting as hell!!!!

patch70 said:
What they say to the media is likely to be very different to what they say behind closed doors. It is better to say publicly that you can't beat LA and do so rather than say you will beat him and fail.

:cool: TBT knows and I know Armstrong has this Tour in the bag.... my 'Where's WBT post' explains this.... he is simply the best rider out there..... no one comes close in the team department, the mental department and the physical department. He is the best.

If you were Ullrich or Basso what could you possibly do to stop LA bar pushing him off his bike ? He is unbeatable.....

thebluetrain said:
WBT doesnt have nothing on me. I just hope he doesnt pull another disappearing act after the Pyrenees.

whiteboytrash said:
:cool: TBT knows and I know Armstrong has this Tour in the bag.... my 'Where's WBT post' explains this.... he is simply the best rider out there..... no one comes close in the team department, the mental department and the physical department. He is the best.

If you were Ullrich or Basso what could you possibly do to stop LA bar pushing him off his bike ? He is unbeatable.....
If I were Ullrich or Basso I would put my team on the front of the peleton and dictate the race which is what LA does. I dont know why these other teams are so afraid to try it. T-mobile did it last Saturday but then they quit in the Alps. They have to control the stage from the beginning. Everybody is under the impression that because LA is in Yellow that DC should be in front of the peleton. That right there is why he wins. When they do that they are giving him the win. You cant win if you dont try to. One time I would like to see what happens if T-mobile or CSC or Phonak or IlleBares just jumped around Discovery.

I concur TBT but I'm not sure anyone has the team in good enough condition to attempt it.... it did work last Saturday for T-Mobile but you're right everyone just seems to follow hoping for a miracle that LA will get dropped by his own team !

thebluetrain said:
If I were Ullrich or Basso I would put my team on the front of the peleton and dictate the race which is what LA does. I dont know why these other teams are so afraid to try it. T-mobile did it last Saturday but then they quit in the Alps. They have to control the stage from the beginning. Everybody is under the impression that because LA is in Yellow that DC should be in front of the peleton. That right there is why he wins. When they do that they are giving him the win. You cant win if you dont try to. One time I would like to see what happens if T-mobile or CSC or Phonak or IlleBares just jumped around Discovery.

whiteboytrash said:
I concur TBT but I'm not sure anyone has the team in good enough condition to attempt it.... it did work last Saturday for T-Mobile but you're right everyone just seems to follow hoping for a miracle that LA will get dropped by his own team !
I am not sure anyone has the condition to try it either but we wont know until some one gets the minerals to try. Picture this: intstead of Discovery leading the peleton into the Alps on Stage 10, T-mobile or CSC did it. CSC had the yellow jersey and they didnt even attempt to control the peloton.