stage 13 predictions please

claggy

Jun 7, 2003
got to be mayo i think. the posties are going to be put under pressure thats for sure.

Originally posted by claggy
got to be mayo i think. the posties are going to be put under pressure thats for sure.

Mayo is gonna be hard to beat, although its not an uphill finish so if someone like vino or ulrich have a gap at the top.................. ;)

cheers

Originally posted by claggy

Mayo is one of my favorites for tomorrow along with Vino, but I would expect most of the GC contenders to take it easy after going all out today and having four tough days in the Pyreneas.

Originally posted by steve
wtf was I on when I said it wasnt an up hill finish? :D
thats tomorrow .
i cant remember how hard todays climb is , they did it a few years back when a colombian from kelme won , i think it had some false flats if i remember rightly.

16:51 CEST 195.5 km/2 km to go
Sastre is through the worst. He still has 1.31 in hand

Behind, Zubeldia jumps and Ullrich is straight with him; Vino gets up, and then Armstrong manages to get across the gap. Rubiera and Mayo are out of the picture.

Ullrich sets the pace for a while and then Vinokourov has a go. Ullrich gets back, then Armstrong is definitely in trouble

Armstrong is dropped!

Basso who has got back gets past him. Ullrich is leading Vinokourov and Zubeldia now.

16:56 CEST Sastre comes in for a deserved stage victory, and crosses the line with his baby's dummy in his hand. Zubeldia is nearly with Ullrich, but der Kaiser holds him off to take second; Armstrong is not dead and buried yet, though, and he has fought his way back up to pass Vinokourov and finish only a handful of seconds down; Ullrich will get 12 seconds time bonus, though.