Stage 14 - Sunday, July 22: Mazamet - Plateau-de-Beille, 197km

saluki said:
So let's see, Contador is beating your guy by only 3:11 after 15 stages and you conclude that he must be a doper. 3:11 is "soo incredibly superior" in your mind? You are beginning to sound as stupid as Bro and Trash. If you use the association argument, then Kloden is much more likely to be a doper than Contador. If you use the performance argument, then you are simply ****** and whining like a 5 year old because someone is better than your guy. Grow up and deal with it.

And if they weren't out of breath before the finish, then they would have been going faster. Because each clearly wants to beat the other. Got any other dumb rationalizations that you want to drag out?
listen saluki, ive tried being nice to you. even indulged in your pro-disco posts, but my forbearance with you has expired

heres the deal. i welcome dissenting posts with substance. i would have even given you a pass if there was a hint of humor in your intent. but you lack humor, you take things too personally, are are so blindly fanatical that your credibility is seriously called into question. the difference between your posts and your dissentors is that you are way too defensive. hense, an easy target. dont you see how you just set yourself up?

as far as kloden vs. contador. i stand by my initial impression of contador. i didnt care for his showboating and instead of being impressed with his performances the last few stages, the exact opposite has occured. the guy is absolutely fresh at end of stage. and if you accept that le tour is opera then what an unsatisfying and poorly acted scene. at least try not to look so doped, at least try to come across as human. i dont care that he is with discovery. my impression of him would be the same. the fact that he is with disco, and considering his past, well that only reaffirms my convictions about him.

now compare contador with soler. soler has won over many fans. on the surface, both he and contador have shown great skill at accelerating up a mountain, but look at how soler has filled his role. he has acted humbly, yet at the same time hasnt been intimidated by the vets in the peloton, all while acting graciously after his stage rides.

we all like riders for different reasons. i respond emotionally. most people do, yet try to deny it. i dont. i like andreas because he is so fallible. he is fragile both in mind and body. the antithesis of this young contador. does that make me a whining 5 year old? if a humorless poster thinks that, than so be it. i make no apologies...

Klodifan said:
i respond emotionally.
Then you should also be smart enough to realize that your rationalizations are just so much bunk designed to support your emotional responses. Of course you can put together these contrived comparisons with Soler. He's not beating your favorite. He's not beating anyone's favorite. He's just a poor little underdog that you know is no threat. Your snap judgements against Contador are nothing but a reaction at finding out that he is a better climber than your guy. I've been following Contador much longer than you. I have read many of his interviews. I know for a fact that he is a humble guy and a nice guy that gives everyone credit. But you jumped to the conclusions that you wanted to jump to because it suited your emotional response. You saw what you wanted to see. So I say again - GROW UP.

saluki said:
Then you should also be smart enough to realize that your rationalizations are just so much bunk designed to support your emotional responses. Of course you can put together these contrived comparisons with Soler. He's not beating your favorite. He's not beating anyone's favorite. He's just a poor little underdog that you know is no threat. Your snap judgements against Contador are nothing but a reaction at finding out that he is a better climber than your guy. I've been following Contador much longer than you. I have read many of his interviews. I know for a fact that he is a humble guy and a nice guy that gives everyone credit. But you jumped to the conclusions that you wanted to jump to because it suited your emotional response. You saw what you wanted to see. So I say again - GROW UP.
the difference is that i am self-aware. you are delusional if you think you dont respond in the same way. anyone can look at your precious posts where you are pissing and moaning b/c your cant handle dissenting disco discussion. your bitterness grows with each passing post and cry at the possibility of getting booted off the forum. I went out of my way to be nice to you. i dont care if you disagree with me, but you should have done so in a more intelligent way.

the difference is that i am self-aware.
No, you pretend to yourself that you are self aware. But you clearly don't understand the reason that you are running down the people you are running down.

Klodifan said:
b/c your cant handle dissenting disco discussion.
It's a bad reflection on your honesty that you can actually call such **** "dissenting disco discussion". A half way honest person would realize in a microsecond that these morons aren't dissenting with anything anyone has to say. They are generating Disco bashing treads out of nothing but their demented desire to do so. For example, who was Bro dissenting with when he created a thread just to bash Tommy D. for riding in the Mt. Evans hill climb? It was a pure and unadulterated attempt to be insulting to a guy that was back in Colorado trying to recover from a giardia infection. If you can't see who the trite and mean spirited people here are, then I have no more desire to get along with you than you do to get along with me.

I can never understand why it is that after we finally find a group of people who share our passion all we ever end up doing is laying into each other over nothing essentially. Happens on other "special interest" forums I visit too, just not as bad as here. Chill out folks!

Klodifan said:
listen saluki, ive tried being nice to you. even indulged in your pro-disco posts, but my forbearance with you has expired

heres the deal. i welcome dissenting posts with substance. i would have even given you a pass if there was a hint of humor in your intent. but you lack humor, you take things too personally, are are so blindly fanatical that your credibility is seriously called into question. the difference between your posts and your dissentors is that you are way too defensive. hense, an easy target. dont you see how you just set yourself up?

as far as kloden vs. contador. i stand by my initial impression of contador. i didnt care for his showboating and instead of being impressed with his performances the last few stages, the exact opposite has occured. the guy is absolutely fresh at end of stage. and if you accept that le tour is opera then what an unsatisfying and poorly acted scene. at least try not to look so doped, at least try to come across as human. i dont care that he is with discovery. my impression of him would be the same. the fact that he is with disco, and considering his past, well that only reaffirms my convictions about him.

now compare contador with soler. soler has won over many fans. on the surface, both he and contador have shown great skill at accelerating up a mountain, but look at how soler has filled his role. he has acted humbly, yet at the same time hasnt been intimidated by the vets in the peloton, all while acting graciously after his stage rides.

we all like riders for different reasons. i respond emotionally. most people do, yet try to deny it. i dont. i like andreas because he is so fallible. he is fragile both in mind and body. the antithesis of this young contador. does that make me a whining 5 year old? if a humorless poster thinks that, than so be it. i make no apologies...
Sounds to me like you're just enamored with losers. ;)

Doctor.House said:
Accept it Klodi.

Kloden is a loser.

Please change your name. Join my medical disclosure team.

Fight against LAF and Nike deceptions.
ohh that hurts...