Stage 14 TDF : Agde - Ax-3 Domaines : Spoiler

Like I said.......disco has help from Rabobank who is driving the peloton now! Why: because totschnig (spelling) and garzelli are in the break........

Another proof that Rasmussen is more looking to hold on that 2nd spot and taking time out of TT'ist like Moreau, Ullrich then wanting to beat LA!

jitmo said:
This is exactly why they are always in the "mix" of things. Again, no disrespect to TMobile, but i think they are riding on how they feel that day. Time is running out for hope to work, so it's like do what you can to disrupt. That is odd not having a plan for even a flat stage, but maybe someone didn't pay attention at breakfast. I know i'd be tired. Haha.

To proof my point better this is what Horner wrote in his diary:

Polka dot jersey guy Michael Rasmussen is climbing extremely well, he looks like it's so easy. So especially with Valverde dopping out, Rasmussen could be the only rider at this moment that could give Armstrong any kind of problems in the mountains. That's if he's willing to risk his GC position. Is Rasmussen willing to race for the win or is he happy with second? I'm curious to find out if he's looking to put time into riders like Basso and Ullrich so he doesn't lose time on GC, or if he wants to attack Lance and go for the win.

We'll know in a few hours!:cool:

Mayo, because he hasn't had to work too hard yet and hasn't exhausted himself in an attack.

Vino or Basso because they, on their day are the best climbers in the world.

Ullrich because sometimes I think with my heart.

Armstrong, because when I think with my head it tells me he's got the moral support with his team and in his head he knows that when it comes to the last climb,on his day, he has the ability to ride away. And he needs to to assert himself.

Not Rasmussen. He's a great talent but he's used too much fuel up already.

And my outsider, Beloki. He also has been quiet and has demonstrated he is as good a climber as anyone in this years race.

Ullefan said:
They will set a blistering pace only if they're not tired already, the heat won't help and this stage is 220km. T-mobile should send one of the three, preferably Vino on a flyer on the first climb, DC have to chase, hopefully they really are human and won't be so strong on the final climb, where the remaining two and the rest could have a slugfest. Course that probably won't happen, it never does.

Its a great thought. If the other contenders on GC attacked as well as TMo it could certainly send Disco to panic stations - maybe even see Lance out working before the last climb.

I'd stay up all nite to see that!

Probably won't happen tho'.

For those of you watching live WTF is Ullrich doing chasing Vino with Armstrong on his wheel??? (all I have to go on is Velonews text updates)

Ulle, Vino and Basso attacked and gained 40secs.... Armstrong attacked the chase group and has caught Ulle group... Kloden now just joined........ basso has gone again !

wilmar13 said:
For those of you watching live WTF is Ullrich doing chasing Vino with Armstrong on his wheel??? (all I have to go on is Velonews text updates)

Vino is now gone....

whiteboytrash said:
Ulle, Vino and Basso attacked and gained 40secs.... Armstrong attacked the chase group and has caught Ulle group... Kloden now just joined........ basso has gone again !

NOt matter what the results of this race is, T-Mobile has finally done what they needed to do to try and win the race, to destroy Armstrong's team. Even if Lance finds a way to win, at least Somebody showed the grit to try and win the Tour finally.

I wonder if Armstrong's team will try and descend like crazy down the mountain, to try and join Lancce and give him a little help.

nice to see basso finally atcking and great move from t-mobile evn if lance will probably win the stage.

Just thinking ahead a bit. T-mobile did a great job of isolating Lance today. Do the dropped Disco boy "slack off" today and take a bit of a "rest" in prep for Sunday? Interesting.

L

Lonnie Utah said:
Just thinking ahead a bit. T-mobile did a great job of isolating Lance today. Do the dropped Disco boy "slack off" today and take a bit of a "rest" in prep for Sunday? Interesting.

L
i dont think so,it was a very strong atack and only the best were able to follow.

nonameboy said:
i dont think so,it was a very strong atack and only the best were able to follow.
Not "did they", "do they", now that they can't really help anymore (to be better for Sunday )?

I suspect they [the Discovery boys] are desperataly climbing in the hope of catching the Armstrong group on the downhill before the final climb.

And kudos to my countryman Ivan, who is at least trying! Nice job Jan, and of course, respect due to Armstrong, who is having (apparently) no trouble hanging on while riding against everyone else.

Powerful Pete said:
And kudos to my countryman Ivan, who is at least trying! Nice job Jan, and of course, respect due to Armstrong, who is having (apparently) no trouble hanging on while riding against everyone else.
I wouldn't be disapointed if Ivan took today's stage...

EDIT: Great teamwork T-mobile. Chasing your own teamate (again)?

L

Lonnie Utah said:
I wouldn't be disapointed if Ivan took today's stage...

EDIT: Great teamwork T-mobile. Chasing your own teamate (again)?

L
I think the phrase I am thinking of is I am perplexed by this. My only guess was they were hoping Lance would chase Vino and wear himself out, then Kloden, Ullrich start chasing with help from the other riders. But its very perplexing

wilmar13 said:
It's worse than that. Kloden is pacing Ullrich. Al and Phil where just saying they wouldn't blame Vino for leaving at the end of they year.

I think Jan is looking for the stage win...

EDIT: BASSO Goes!! Jan & Lance are with him!! Flyod and Levi hanging on...

EDIT II Flyod and Levi are dropped. 3:45 to the leader with 5km to go...
L