Stage 15 - Monday, July 23: Foix - Loudenvielle - Le Louron, 196km

Here's what I figure Vino has to do to win the tour:

Today he needs to keep the 7 minutes he has and maybe even increase it to 10 over Ras. Tomorrow he needs to attack again and try to make up another 15 minutes. Then if he can relax until the final time trial, he'll have them right where he wants them - if he rents a motorbike.

Klodifan said:
vino, what an ego... forget trying to get astana on the podium... :rolleyes:
It's a bad situation for Kloden. In Kazakastan having a German win doesn't open any wallets.

What is Popo doing?

Does he just want a little time for GC? Is Contador going to attack and join him?

another thing I wonder if the team car is more attentive to what vino is doing up front than advising klodi to attack.

Astana's tactic is, no tactic.
Klodi has no team, it's a solo TDF effort.

bummer Soler cracked. I think with his rides so far he has forged plenty of fans.

Klodifan said:
another thing I wonder if the team car is more attentive to what vino is doing up front than advising klodi to attack.
I'm sure Vino is getting the best support.

Klodi probably was not even given to working radio. Maybe he has to ask the riders around him what's going on. ;)

Trev_S said:
Astana's tactic is, no tactic.
Klodi has no team, it's a solo TDF effort.

bummer Soler cracked. I think with his rides so far he has forged plenty of fans.
very true on all accounts

Bro Deal said:
I'm sure Vino is getting the best support.

Klodi probably was not even given to working radio. Maybe he has to ask the riders around him what's going on. ;)
haha, im sure that not too far from the truth! :eek:

eta, whomever wins the TDF I am sure will be upstaged by how vino raced :rolleyes:

Looks like no one wants to pick a fight in the yellow jersey group. That helps Ras and Evans. Oops.

Evans is screwed. Even if he manages to catch Ras on the descent, he's going to get killed by Contador trying to take time from Ras on Wednesday.

Since Klodi & Cadel are essentially solo I hope they forge a mutual understanding and work together. Psuodo team mates so to speak.

Well...
A good strong ride by Vino, I wouldn't have been surprised if pulled out after yesterdays bombed ride.

Just watching the interview with Vino. They should ask him how he thinks Astana will go on the GC with Klodi :p

OK, going into the weekend we were looking at the ITT and two definitive mountain stages. Vino wins two of them easily, demolishes the field in the TT, then wins convincingly today by over 5 minute over the other rivals --- and he's 20 minutes behind on GC. Anyone who would bet on him on a given day is a gambler indeed.

yup, vino's is definitely spinning the if I didnt rash I would have won the tdf story :mad:

Looks like Cadel is now down about 1:40 to Contador. That's going to be tough to recover in the ITT. Ras's yellow is getting more solid by the day.

Could be time to let go of the dream... Cadel is probably out of the running now. I hope he goes on to finish 3rd because it is warranted.

I would not be too devastated if Klodi got up for 3rd - he has been screwed royally by his team.

I just hope LL doesn't get over Evans - he has done zero to date. I dont think he has even helped Contador much (Popo has been the biggest help).

Surely no one else is running for 1st/2nd??