Stage 16: Le Bourg-d'Oisans - La Toussuire, 182 km

Sastre is flying. Looks very comfortable! Floyd already 2 minutes down on Sastre. Three T-Mobiles working together, but are they making up time on Sastre?

Ugh, give a time check on Leipheimer / Chicken!!

If Sastre can gain just 30 secs on the other contenders he has a good chance of winning in Paris.

Sastre just dropped Leipheimer.

Maybe CSC gets its victory without Basso.

I don't like to blow my own trumpet, so to speak, but to hell with it :D

posted yesterday....
Tonto said:
Not much mention of Sastre yet as a contender. He's very much an outsider but he's a classy climber and finished only 1'10 behind Landis in the first ITT. Only lost 25 seconds today and maybe now that CSC have rescued their Tour with two stage wins, they will focus their efforts on getting him up the GC now. Voigt helped him on the latter stages of the final climb today but from what I saw on the tv he was on his own most of the time.

Bro Deal said:
Dessel! What a man.
AAHHHHHH.

Floyd SO bonked. I just can't believe it, I thought he had it in the bag, He probably thought he had it in the bag! He's going to lose a podium place, never mind the yellow, his TT is never going to be that good!

This is why the men who have won 5 Tours in a row are so special. One bad day -- that's all it takes.

As Gomer said "surprise,surprise,surprise". I am still sticking with Kloden, my original pick.

What a fantastic stage. What an open race. Can't wait for tomorrow, and Floyd still hasn't finished....

jhuskey said:
As Gomer said "surprise,surprise,surprise". I am still sticking with Kloden, my original pick.
Kloden looking good for the TT! How good is Perrero?

jhuskey said:
Kloden is the best time trialist left in contention, but Evans and Sastre were close in the first ITT. Pereiro only lost a minute to Kloden in the ITT.

Pereiro could win this whole thing. How weird would that be. In fact if Kloden cannot crack Pereiro tomorrow then Pereiro will likely win.

Ullefan said:
Kloden looking good for the TT! How good is Perrero?
Pereiro was only about a minute and a half slower than Kloden in the stage 7 TT. I think tomorrow is going to be pretty interesting as well.

Perreiro going to win the tour!!!

What happens when we find out he's a client of Fuentes? :confused: