Stage 17 TDF : Pau - Revel : Spoiler

Have you seen tomorrows stage ? There is a long cat 2 40km from the finish then a short sharp 3 then another short sharp cat 2 to the finish line... its going to be a great stage and expect more attacks again from everyone below LA trying to sort out the top 10........ there is going to be more shake-ups then a martini bar !

(http://www.letour.fr/2005/TDF/LIVE/us/1800/dprofil.html)

Km 53 - Côte de la Béssède - 8.3 km climb to 2.9 % - 4 Category
Km 99 - Côte de Raujolles - 2.7 km climb to 5.2 % - 3 Category
Km 131.5 - Côte de Boyne - 9.2 km climb to 5.3 % - 2 Category
Km 180 - Côte de Chabrits - 1.7 km climb to 7.1 % - 3 Category
Km 187.5 - Côte de la Croix Neuve (montée Laurent Jalabert) - 3.1 km climb to 10.1 % - 2 Category

limerickman said:
Great win for Savoldelli today.
He worked hard to get that victory and he deserved his win today, i thought.

whiteboytrash said:
Have you seen tomorrows stage ? There is a long cat 2 40km from the finish then a short sharp 3 then another short sharp cat 2 to the finish line... its going to be a great stage and expect more attacks again from everyone below LA trying to sort out the top 10........ http://www.letour.fr/2005/TDF/LIVE/us/1800/dprofil.html)
I agree; there are many different ways an opportunistic rider/team could choose to try to exploit the stage. Although the serious climbing is over, that last little rise to the top tomorrow is at over 10% gradient. After a long day in the saddle, someone's bound to hit the wall . . .

Also after 2.5 weeks of racing there is going to be some tired bodies trying to hang on....... the hills are not big enough or long enough to gain a lot of time but some could get up to a minute if others are not watching.... Vino will do his normal stunt of attacking like an axe murderer and then going out the back and hanging on..... he must be bored sitting in his room every night with no one talking to him ! Ullrich did some good stuff today but its annoying when he attacks then sits up expecting someone to help him.... he is a good TT'ler why does he not just go for a big 10km attack ?

rejobako said:
I agree; there are many different ways an opportunistic rider/team could choose to try to exploit the stage. Although the serious climbing is over, that last little rise to the top tomorrow is at over 10% gradient. After a long day in the saddle, someone's bound to hit the wall . . .

I said that stages 12-18 were going to be difficult and the profile of tomorrows stage shows this.

I am opening the spoiler for stage 18 : we can discuss same there.