Km 54: Côte de Villecomtal: 3.7 km climb @ 4.3 % grade / 4th Cat
Km 59.5: Côte de Miélan: 1.4 km climb @ 5.4 % grade / 4th Cat
Km 63.5: Côte de Sainte-Dode-aux-Croix: 2.0 km climb @ 5 % grade / 4th Cat
Km 72.5: Côte de Theux: 1.4 km climb @ 6.4 % grade / 4th Cat
Km 169.5: Côte de la Montagnère: 1.4 km climb @ 5.3 % grade / 4th Cat

Sprints:
Km 44.5: Rabastens-de-Bigorre
Km 146.5: Solomiac

I believe todays stage would have been a slightly boring stage without the drama but now I am just not sure what fans are thinking.
I will comment and pose a question.
I think the Malliot Jaune was introduced in 1913 does anyone recall a time since during the race that it was not present before now?

jhuskey said:
I believe todays stage would have been a slightly boring stage without the drama but now I am just not sure what fans are thinking.
I will comment and pose a question.
I think the Malliot Jaune was introduced in 1913 does anyone recall a time since during the race that it was not present before now?

Or was it 1971?

Luis Ocana crashed while wearing Yellow and had to abandon : the next placed rider, Eddy Merckx, refused to wear the Maillot Jaune saying that he
did not want to wear the jersey at the expense of another riders injury.

Wow. They're actually talking about doping and the problems of this year's tour on Versus now. I bet once they are moderating the race, though, they will just act like nothing happened again....:rolleyes:

Thanks Lim, I do recall reading something about that at one time but my memory is fading.

jhuskey said:
Thanks Lim, I do recall reading something about that at one time but my memory is fading.
Armstrong tried the same trick when Zabriiskie fell in the 05 TTT..... LeBlanc made him put it on after the neutral zone and told him to stop overacting...

whiteboytrash said:
Armstrong tried the same trick when Zabriiskie fell in the 05 TTT..... LeBlanc made him put it on after the neutral zone and told him to stop overacting...
I remember that. I think he actually threatened him with disqualification if he refused. There was real love between those two.

jhuskey said:
How about a half or part of the stage?
I think when Zabriskie crashed in the Yellow, Armstrong became race leader and did not start the following stage in the leaders jersey, but later on the authorities made him put it on mid race.

The reason they made lance put on the Malliot Jaune that day was because it was unfair to the sponsors who have their name on the Milliot Jaune.

Well... one more dull stage like today's to go, then Evans gets his shot at glory on Saturday.

And on to the funeral march into Paris!

whiteboytrash said:
Apparently they had a change of heart. No one was required to wear the jersey today.

saluki said:
Apparently they had a change of heart. No one was required to wear the jersey today.

Yes, that is what inspired my original question which is sad conssidering I thought the question would be....who will be in yellow on Saturday Chicken,Contador,Evans,Kloden?
I need to go and get a lot more beer for the weekend.