STAGE 18: Pinerolo -> Galibier Serre-Chevalier - 200.5 km

Too many impressions and too much excitement after this stage.

Great Tour!
Courageous effort from A. Schleck.
After lots of criticism about his ride he's showing class.
The question is - who has calculated better for tomorrow? But, according to what we've seen, everybody were on their limits.
Andy needs more time on Evans.

I can't help to notice that Contador might well be victim of Riis' ambition to ****** the GT double.
He (Riis) wanted to do that with Basso and he wants to do it with Contador.
They should have chosen easier Giro to do so.

True racing today.

A. Schleck has 4 things going for him tomorrow , time, Frank, Jens, and Fabian. Be interesting to see if Contador still tries or just packs it in. AC's ITT may have improved this year.

Super stage today. More like a game of high performance chess with Andy playing the gambit and Evans having to resort to a full frontal attack when Basso/Sanchez/Bertie were unwilling or unable to retaliate.

Hats off to Voeckler for a great ride. I thought today would have been too much but he remains in yellow.

This race is right down to the wire.

Awesome race this year! I'm sad to see it coming to an end. Anyone (including myself) who has grown weary of all the negativity surrounding professional cycling must find this year's TDF absolutely rejuvenating. My love of professional cycling is reborn.

Voeckler is a gritty SOB. Impressive. He could be on my football team anyday...
Good to see AS get aggressive. AC just doesn't have it this year.
Tomorrow will be interesting to watch the possible fireworks, or will CE decide to leave it to the TT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrija .

I can't help to notice that Contador might well be victim of Riis' ambition to ****** the GT double.
He (Riis) wanted to do that with Basso and he wants to do it with Contador.
They should have chosen easier Giro to do so.

playing the cards they were dealt. when they decided upon this course, a.c. was already under suspicion and appeal (depending upon which version of the announcement of the positive) for having doped. getting in and getting on with the victories, even if the victories were taken away, they would always have a claim on having done the giro-tour double.

and for the fesitivities today.... wow. can they make tomorrow any better? the alpe d'huez and cuddles only a minute and change behind with an itt to come? if he marks expertly tomorrow, this could be his year.

What a stage, what a stage!

I must admit, I didnt think that Evans had it in him; but he kept it up, while everybody else followed. AC dropping back kind of sucks, and if he gets a suspension, we wont see him next year (at least). Could this be his last TDF?

Originally Posted by knonfs .

What a stage, what a stage!

I must admit, I didnt think that Evans had it in him; but he kept it up, while everybody else followed. AC dropping back kind of sucks, and if he gets a suspension, we wont see him next year (at least). Could this be his last TDF?
Contador is only 28, even if he gets a suspension he'll still have plenty of TDF's left in his legs.