STAGE 2 WINNER IS Cooke

ronde champ <[email protected]> wrote:

> Thanks, Ronde Champ

thanks, I was hoping you'd post. Cyclingnews live report froze for me in the last few minutes.

ITS AUSTRALIA GREEN & GOLD AGAIN!!!

GK (oz - where there is no live TV coverage)

"Magnus" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<mFgOa.27817$I8.14708@rwcrnsc53>...
> Great finish, too...
>
> It was great to see the yellow jersey attack the field with a kilometer left....

Attack? I thought he was leading out his teammate.

> "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Thanks, Ronde Champ

Oh boy I'm gonna top post a spoiler thread yippee.......................

[email protected] (K. J. Papai) wrote in message

> Attack? I thought he was leading out his teammate.

No, he attacked.

“I noticed Baden had lost my wheel and the Jean Delatour team was lined up perfectly in front
for Nazon, and he can be so dangerous in a sprint like that. So the best thing I could do was attack
his train and I blew the train to pieces,” the jubilant McGee added.

Sorry, so stupid of me. Aussies are in Green and Gold and White!

g <[email protected]> wrote:

> ronde champ <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Thanks, Ronde Champ
>
> thanks, I was hoping you'd post. Cyclingnews live report froze for me in the last few minutes.
>
> ITS AUSTRALIA GREEN & GOLD AGAIN!!!
>
> GK (oz - where there is no live TV coverage)

--------------070308070103080707010106 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed

Good old Ken - never afraid to show his limitations....

K. J. Papai wrote:

>"Magnus" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<mFgOa.27817$I8.14708@rwcrnsc53>...
>

>>Great finish, too...
>>
>>It was great to see the yellow jersey attack the field with a kilometer left....
>>

>Attack? I thought he was leading out his teammate.
>

>>"ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>

>>>Thanks, Ronde Champ

--------------070308070103080707010106 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html> <head> <meta
Good old Ken - never afraid to show his limitations....<br> <br>
L. J. Papai wrote:<br> <blockquote type="cite"
cite="[email protected]"> <pre wrap="">"Magnus" <a
class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email protected]"><[email protected]></a> wrote
in message news:<mFgOa.27817$I8.14708@rwcrnsc53&gt;... </pre> <blockquote type="cite"> <pre
wrap="">Great finish, too...

It was great to see the yellow jersey attack the field with a kilometer left.... </pre>

Attack? I thought he was leading out his teammate.

href="mailto:[email protected]"><[email protected]></a> wrote in message <a
class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="news:[email protected]">news:[email protected]</a>...

jason wrote:
> [email protected] (K. J. Papai) wrote in message
>
>>Attack? I thought he was leading out his teammate.
>>

> No, he attacked.
>
> “I noticed Baden had lost my wheel and the Jean Delatour team was lined up perfectly in
> front for Nazon, and he can be so dangerous in a sprint like that. So the best thing I could do
> was attack his train and I blew the train to pieces,” the jubilant McGee added.

And here I thought he was just fighting for his jersey, actually trying to break away. It was a hell
of a strong attack IMO. I noticed his

when he blasts off.

You learn something new every day (or every week once you get older). Will the tactical subtleties
of this sport ever end?

Alan J Bishop <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Good old Ken - never afraid to show his limitations...

Not a limitation just a failing *on my part* to ACTALLY SEE his attack before posting. I had only
read about it and how he was doing something to provide his teammate Cooke win the stage.

After seeing the finish on TV last night McGee (maillot jaune) certainly attacked hard. Was not a
simple leadout by any means.

Am I good to go now Bishop?

-Ken

> K. J. Papai wrote:
>
> >"Magnus" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<mFgOa.27817$I8.14708@rwcrnsc53>...
> >

> >>Great finish, too...
> >>
> >>It was great to see the yellow jersey attack the field with a kilometer left....
> >

> >Attack? I thought he was leading out his teammate.

A few observations...

- riding hard in the final kilometre is a good tactic for a rider who is not a pure sprinter; the
riders around him are thinking "this guy is fast, I have to wait until I jump" and as a result he
can often get a good placing

- we haven't seen that tactic used much in the Tour since the advent of the leadout trains

- the fact that McGee could blow away the Jean Delatour leadout train on his own exposes a little
weakness on that team; even though they may have a good sprinter in JP Nazon they are going to
have to work harder to get him highly placed in the big sprints.

Having said that, it was great to see JD out on the big break and now in yellow. (My new frame this
year was a Scott JD team-issue, so I know what that bike is like to ride :))

And...it was wonderful to see McGee in yellow making a big showing at the front near the end of the
stage, sitting on Bettini's wheel when he jumped.

g wrote:

> Sorry, so stupid of me. Aussies are in Green and Gold and White!

bzzzzzt wromgo Peta in green now... pppppbbbttttt to McEwhine