Stage 20 - Sunday, July 29: Marcoussis - Paris Champs-Élysées, 146km

FriendlyFred said:
You know something...screw you and all of the other people who just can't leave the doping **** alone for one minute. If you hate the sport SO much, stop watching. Personally, I enjoyed every minute of watching the tour and enjoyed watching the finale today, including the presentations on the podium. I love cycling and am going to actually allow myself to enjoy it. Good for Contador. Good for Discovery. Good for Boonen and everyone who 'won.' Good for everyone who finished the race. I know I couldn't ride 2000 plus miles in 21 days, or climb those mts, or sprint like a witch like these guys have done. I loved knowing I could watch cycling almost every day for three weeks. I could look at great riders and great bikes and see places I'll never ever get to see in real life. Like I said, if you can't enjoy the race, or the riders and what they've accomplished, even for a day, then get leave it alone and get out and find something you WILL enjoy.

end of rant
ff

I've got to agree. As much as I can't stand the drugs in the sport I still get carried away with the spectacle and enjoy it immensely. I'm probably calling the kettle black here but the cynics are getting a little carried away.

It was the most enjoyable TdeF since Indurain for me.

FriendlyFred said:
You know something...screw you and all of the other people who just can't leave the doping **** alone for one minute. If you hate the sport SO much, stop watching. Personally, I enjoyed every minute of watching the tour and enjoyed watching the finale today, including the presentations on the podium. I love cycling and am going to actually allow myself to enjoy it. Good for Contador. Good for Discovery. Good for Boonen and everyone who 'won.' Good for everyone who finished the race. I know I couldn't ride 2000 plus miles in 21 days, or climb those mts, or sprint like a witch like these guys have done. I loved knowing I could watch cycling almost every day for three weeks. I could look at great riders and great bikes and see places I'll never ever get to see in real life. Like I said, if you can't enjoy the race, or the riders and what they've accomplished, even for a day, then get leave it alone and get out and find something you WILL enjoy.

end of rant
ff
The real problem on the board here is the vial hate of Disco/US postal and Lance. I understand LA was a ***** when he first started winning the tour and some same through out his pro career, but that's life. Yep, he doped like the rest of the bunch but kicked the **** out of all commers so haters are left dogging them out continuously. The best stuff this time around has been the Cadel doesn't dope bunch. Laughable.

musette said:
For those who support DC, here's another reason to celebrate -- the PRIZE MONEY!

http://www.cyclingforums.com/t-416289-15-2.html
Assuming those funds are NOT frozen for doping violations, will Discovery Channel do the right thing and doante the blood money to Tom Simpson's family?

2007 was the 40 year anniversary of that doping death.

Not 20 seconds was dedicated to his memory in the worst doped out Tour in history!

Amazing deceit and contempt.

Lance must be sooooooo twisted.

DC's most important haul is more than monetary -- it is increasing its chances of finding a good sponsor and improving the terms of sponsorship.

It is also Bruyneel in the future having the heightened ability to attract even better riders and having to offer less monetary compensation in terms of salary to attract them (because they know finally without a doubt he has the skills to make a person other than LA into a Tour winner and because they will expect more monetary compensation from sharing the Tour money haul, should they make the Tour team). That will strengthen the teams Bruyneel can build around Alberto or any other leader further. It's almost like a cycle of success reinforcing the prospects for future success.

Success = more toxic doping

Hopefully, the DC drug cheater squad will fold by September and we can move on to CSC (Riis) and T-Mobile (Stapleton) freak shows.

musette said:
DC's most important haul is more than monetary -- it is increasing its chances of finding a good sponsor and improving the terms of sponsorship.

It is also Bruyneel in the future having the heightened ability to attract even better riders and having to offer less monetary compensation in terms of salary to attract them (because they know finally without a doubt he has the skills to make a person other than LA into a Tour winner and because they will expect more monetary compensation from sharing the Tour money haul, should they make the Tour team). That will strengthen the teams Bruyneel can build around Alberto or any other leader further. It's almost like a cycle of success reinforcing the prospects for future success.

Doctor.House said:
Assuming those funds are NOT frozen for doping violations, will Discovery Channel do the right thing and doante the blood money to Tom Simpson's family?
OK, sometimes I think you know what you are talking about, and then sometimes you come up with some really random ****. What does Disco have to do with a British cyclist who died from amphetamines?