Stage 20 TDF : Saint-Etienne ITT : Spoiler

Another note: on a dutch program a reporter told a story that Rasmussen asked Breukink after that terrible TT if he could take a moment alone........

He was allowed and rode (Í'm not kidding) a bit over the highway!!!!!!!!!!! Damn, that's not normal......I mean then youre pretty f*cked up! Very sad....

limerickman said:
Christi Anderson (Phils wife) does some background work for Eurosport and she had been saying for days that MR had been telling her that he (MR) was having terrible problems with all the attention with his success in the TDF.

MJtje said:
Another note: on a dutch program a reporter told a story that Rasmussen asked Breukink after that terrible TT if he could take a moment alone........

He was allowed and rode (Í'm not kidding) a bit over the highway!!!!!!!!!!! Damn, that's not normal......I mean then youre pretty f*cked up! Very sad....

An obeservation,and I wasn't there but his second crash looked like the likes of a beginner getting psyched and fixated and riding off the road.
It appeared he could have tucked his left shoulder and rolled back into control.
As I say I wasn't riding his bike and video can be deceiving but it was a total "Cluster F**K anyway.

Wow, this is unbelievable. 6 pages devoted to making fun of someone’s vernacular, more bickering about meaningless quoting techniques, and speaking of Stalin… ridiculous censorship by a moderator.

I like to think I am pretty objective in this strange ‘everyone here hates LA and anyone riding for him except the newbs from the US’ thing that goes on, but this is totally unbelievable to me.

Musstte is an obvious LA devotee (and probably paid two years salary for a fake LA testicle on EBAY) and that comes across to anyone that reads her posts. Complaining about what she did or didn’t do on another site is neither here nor there and IMO she has never posted anything more harmful than “LA is the greatest ever”. Regarding twisting the truth, misquotes, etc. it is an internet forum for christs sake, not a highly reputable news source like Newsweek ;) .

I can’t be the only one who is incredibly disappointed by the level of childishness portrayed by several of the more dominant posters on this site. :confused:

LA won the TdF…again, get over it.

impossible *cry*. I wish I could, but I just can't. This was a sucky rider. whereas all the other greats had their sucky tour before they retired, Armstrong NEVER DID! *runs away to cry even more*

wilmar13 said:
Wow, this is unbelievable. 6 pages devoted to making fun of someone’s vernacular, more bickering about meaningless quoting techniques, and speaking of Stalin… ridiculous censorship by a moderator.

I like to think I am pretty objective in this strange ‘everyone here hates LA and anyone riding for him except the newbs from the US’ thing that goes on, but this is totally unbelievable to me.

Musstte is an obvious LA devotee (and probably paid two years salary for a fake LA testicle on EBAY) and that comes across to anyone that reads her posts. Complaining about what she did or didn’t do on another site is neither here nor there and IMO she has never posted anything more harmful than “LA is the greatest ever”.

I certainly don't take offense to your post as a matter of fact I kind of like it." E-Bay testicle". Now that is a keeper.

Dead Star said:
yes, at the end of the day, your dear leader will be saying 'farewell' and you'll no doubt shed tears. There's more to cycling than the tour/disco/lance. open your eyes.
The great thing about modern television is the that they will be able to run "Lance" re-runs throughout next years broadcast of the TDF !!!!!!!

wilmar13 said:
LA won the TdF…again, get over it.

I WILL NOT GET OVER IT !!!!!!!! Did you get over it the time I sucked your wheel for 35 km's ??? Did you get over it when I went into that corner way too fast and took you into the barriers??? I will not get over it !! You get over it .......
{Wait, I am a Lance fan. You're right wilmar13, they need to get over it !! }

Dead Star said:
who *cough* couldnt *cough cough* ever stop *cough cough cough* coughing :D.

"ah've only got one word to say to you, dear viewer and that's and that's and that's..............achewooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow"

wolfix said:
I WILL NOT GET OVER IT !!!!!!!! Did you get over it the time I sucked your wheel for 35 km's ??? Did you get over it when I went into that corner way too fast and took you into the barriers??? I will not get over it !! You get over it .......
{Wait, I am a Lance fan. You're right wilmar13, they need to get over it !! }

yes, so they'll have plenty of wanking coverage for you? :rolleyes:

I watched the kids right as their Dad pulled to a stop just after completing the stage. Luke was talking non-stop, telling all about the cool bag of treasures that somebody had given him. The girls were reaching up just to touch their Dad when they looked up and saw that they were near him.

Lance grew up in a home where that kind of contact between him and his father never existed. It affected him in ways we can only imagine. He couldn't have a better reason for stepping aside after tomorrow. In fact, he has three.

I've lurked here throughout the TDF because it is often interesting to get information that isn't available through the OLN coverage in the US. I wasn't intending on posting anything, but after reading some of the **** that has been spewn today I felt the need to respond.

WhiteBoyTrash and Limmerickman, you guys need to grow up. Do you realize that with all of your obnoxious anti-American blather, you act more like the stereotypical "Ugly American" that you hate than anyone else on this forum? News flash--you don't have to be an American to be a complete jerk. I think you two have proven this in spades.

Cycling is an exteremely fringe sport in the US. Anyone who even follows the TDF on a daily basis pretty much qualifies as a "hardcore cycling fan" in the US. I'm sorry if that offends you somehow, but LA has brought a TON of US fans to the sport of cycling, and that can only be a good thing for the future of the sport. Who cares if they haven't all been following cycling for 2 decades? A sport always benefits from expanding its fan base. You're just mad because the US cycling fans aren't rooting for the same people YOU are. If all of them were JU or Basso fans, you'd probably love them.

Anway, get over yourselves. Your ridiculous superiority acts are a joke.

Oh, and by the way, WBT was WRONG when he said that JU has already caught Rasmussen when Rasmussen first crashed. He was nowhere near catching him yet, but he HAD made up 20-25 seconds. So it was likely that he would have caught him anyway, but he most definitely still had significant time to gain back.

"Oh, and by the way, WBT was WRONG when he said that JU has already caught Rasmussen when Rasmussen first crashed. He was nowhere near catching him yet, but he HAD made up 20-25 seconds. So it was likely that he would have caught him anyway, but he most definitely still had significant time to gain back."

Saxman, You will never get WBT to admit to this. Go back and read post #130 in this thread. I pointed this out to him and got no response back. Its funny to read all the obnoxious **** that comes out of his piehole but as soon as it is thrown back his way or he is proved wrong he disappears. After the stage to Courchevel and Vino and his T-mobile boys got spanked he was gone for 2 days with a "internet connection problem", yeah right. I smell chicken sh!t.

Dead Star said:
woohoo, i'm exempt from criticism :D

Yeah, me and you both but maybe not.
It's after 10pm here and the last stage of the 2005 TDF is tommorrow and I am a horrible typist and all the previous have no bearing on each other. So there!
My take:
Strongest rider= Lance Armstrong. Can respond to any attack and can make you hurt like hell to keep up. In years to come when people talk of the tour they may say Eddie is the greatest cyclist of all times or maybe somebody yet to come ,but you can never talk about the greats without the name of Lance Armstrong. I will miss him.

Biggest Surprise = Rasmussen ,Rasmusesen who? A lot of heart and a bunch of effort but not the right mix of everything to be a legend I am thinking.

Brighest Future = Basso. He has all the elements to be a 5 or 6 times winner of the TDF, but who know if another cocky guy from Texas or somewehere else will come down the Alps and make a splash and unseat him.

Most tenacious = Vino the man, what a cocky little ******* that just won't lay down. If he had the talent of some he would conquer all.

Cockiest= Robby Mc Kewen . I believe he knows what he is and is proud of it, so deal with it. The quentisential sprinter.

Most talent = Jan Ullrich a cyclist that has had the world in his hands and maybe didn't have the ego to know it ,yet he has rivaled the gods of the cylcing the world and made his mark. He has lived in the shadow of Lance Armstrong but has cast a long enduring shadow himself.
That I myself should be mentioned in the company of such royality as he.

Forty Nine more weeks. I am counting the days!

Plenty of great racing still to come this season - folks.
You've got the Vuelta in four weeks time - this is always a great race, with plenty of good riders.
I was fortunate to be in Espana last year during the Vuelta and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

There's also the remaining one day races and the world road race championships.

The end of the TDF doesn't mark the end of the season !

limerickman said:
Plenty of great racing still to come this season - folks.
You've got the Vuelta in four weeks time - this is always a great race, with plenty of good riders.
I was fortunate to be in Espana last year during the Vuelta and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

There's also the remaining one day races and the world road race championships.

The end of the TDF doesn't mark the end of the season !

We can only read about most of them. Not many televised events here.
How about Vino he still won't quit!

jhuskey said:
We can only read about most of them. Not many televised events here.
How about Vino he still won't quit!

Armstrong almost eneded up on the tarmac a moment ago !

limerickman said:
Armstrong almost eneded up on the tarmac a moment ago !

I can't believe it. I think my wife is starting to like Vinokourov.
Great last stage and a good way to end a great tour.
I have already had my training ride because the heat index is going to be 105 F in the shade today.
I am going to my boat ,get in the lake and consume a product made from fermented grain.
Cheers