Stage 20 TDF : Saint-Etienne ITT : Spoiler

Mtje -- Thanks.

While I used to provide the Internet sites or broadcasts from which I get quotes, I will no longer do that sometimes. Just because I don't want to any more sometimes and I will provide source or not as I feel like at the moment. :D

Besides let Lim look for the answers himself...........

musette said:
Mtje -- Thanks.

While I used to provide the Internet sites or broadcasts from which I get quotes, I will no longer do that sometimes. Just because I don't want to any more sometimes and I will provide source or not as I feel like at the moment. :D

""No," [Rasmussen] blurted when asked for a few words by the media, disappearing into the sanctuary of his Rabobank team bus."

As I said before, this disaster is going to help Rasmussen be permitted to go into breakways by the GC contenders' teams on multiple-mountain stage days. Rasmussen has to look at the positive side of things. He was permitted to go on his long breakaway because DC and others didn't think he was a GC threat. His performance in the ITT confirmed his poor ITT skills. In fact, his ITT skills are worse than Virenque's and that is not necessarily a negative when one is striving for the polka dot. ;)

Well......it's sad he could do a better TT and 4th on GC was realistic.....but he totally srewed it! Pressure................!!!!!!!

musette said:
""No," [Rasmussen] blurted when asked for a few words by the media, disappearing into the sanctuary of his Rabobank team bus."

As I said before, this disaster is going to help Rasmussen be permitted to go into breakways by the GC contenders' teams on multiple-mountain stage days. Rasmussen has to look at the positive side of things. He was permitted to go on his long breakaway because DC and others didn't think he was a GC threat. His performance in the ITT confirmed his poor ITT skills. In fact, his ITT skills are worse than Virenque's and that is not necessarily a negative when one is striving for the polka dot. ;)

musette said:
JU:

"I am going to stand on the podium in Paris! Well, barring an act of God tomorrow. Today, it went as I hoped it would. Though, of course, it was tough on Rasmussen the way things went wrong for him. It is just a pity that I coudn't crown it with a stage win, but Lance was just too classy again today. But 'Vino' and 'Guero' had already scored stage wins for the team. Yeah sure, we all came here on a mission to win the yellow jersey. That didn't happen, and in one sense it's disappointing. But in another sense, we can still be proud of the way that we we fought as a team in this Tour.
am also pleased with my own Tour. Just getting to Paris and standing on the podium, is something special after the crashes I suffered. Even without crashing, I still don't think I could have beaten Lance. He is simply too strong and you have to give him credit for that.
When he leaves cycling, we will be saying goodbye to one of the greatest sportsmen of all time. With his physical and mental strength, his enthusiasm and willpower, nobody - me included - was able to hold a candle to him these past seven years.... It is pleasing that he has invited me to his victory- and farewell-party in Paris tomorrow evening. I will use this chance to say: congratulations and all the best, Lance!"

source ?
Link ?

MJtje said:
Besides let Lim look for the answers himself...........

She has a history of posting quotes and "analysis", that is out of context, incomplete.
She does it for her own ends.

She did it on another website and she's tries to replicate the same strategy here.

ullrich said on his diary that lance invited him to go to his victory-farewell party tomorrow evening thats pretty cool.
he says a lot of good things about lance that shows that he isnt a bad looser congrats to both of them.

LA on JU: "Jan is special, a special guy to me, a special rival. I had not been bullshitting over the years when I said he was the scariest rider in the group. I'm confident he can win the Tour again, not only once but more. He just needs a little bit better condition, a little bit better preparation. He's got the package."

musette said:
LA on JU: "Jan is special, a special guy to me, a special rival. I had not been bullshitting over the years when I said he was the scariest rider in the group. I'm confident he can win the Tour again, not only once but more. He just needs a little bit better condition, a little bit better preparation. He's got the package."

Translated: He was very good, but I am still better. He needs to be better conditioned and better prepared than he has been while I won over him, all those times.
why are you translating something that doesn´t need translation?

lol very true. it's more quirky posts from the human propaganda machine that finds extreme pleasure in twisting around words and translating what her dear leader really thinks of his foe.

limerickman said:
She has a history of posting quotes and "analysis", that is out of context, incomplete.
She does it for her own ends.

She did it on another website and she's tries to replicate the same strategy here.
Duh! Wouldn't quoting a source that DISPROVES your own point be pretty stupid? What is with you, Gimmickman? Letting her get the BEST of you with every post is silly. Let it go. You're bigger than that, aren't you? Honestly, you're starting to look like a stalker who sneaks around dark alleys looking for her so you can yell out how inferior she is. Go ride your bike and remember what cycling is all about. GO LANCE!!! NUMBER 7 will never be beaten.

Lachlan

Spot on......pretty weird all the talk between Lim and Musette.......! Lim if you don't like musette her posts don't read them! And certainly don't edit them................unbelieveble!

Cubflyer said:
Duh! Wouldn't quoting a source that DISPROVES your own point be pretty stupid? What is with you, Gimmickman? Letting her get the BEST of you with every post is silly. Let it go. You're bigger than that, aren't you? Honestly, you're starting to look like a stalker who sneaks around dark alleys looking for her so you can yell out how inferior she is. Go ride your bike and remember what cycling is all about. GO LANCE!!! NUMBER 7 will never be beaten.

Lachlan

Cubflyer said:

Lachlan

Never say never, Lachlan.

As far as LA being beaten...........I could mention 1993-1996 TDF but we've been over that old ground before.

Yep, get on the bike and cycle.

Tell me Lachlan, do you cycle ?

Breukink said that Rasmussen just totally lost it in the ITT! The pressure was obvious enormous...........and it got more and more once he started crashing and changing bikes.....He was just too nervous he couldn't handle the pressure! Furthermore Breukink was just dumbfounded he couldn't explain really.......

limerickman said:
Don't take my word for it - see what Mexted had to say on the subject

http://www.cyclingforums.com/t265198-musette-and-the-jan-ullrich-fans-website.html

Now that we have your attention MJtje : have Rabo given any views about Rasmussen and his ITT today ?

limerickman said:
Tell me Lachlan, do you cycle ?
Ay, I do. I thoroughly enjoy your posts when they have nothing to do with Musette. Your knowledge of the sport is nothing short of astounding, and very educational. You are a source of great info. You're right, of course, about 'never say never.' Seven consecutive (or even total) is a milestone, to be sure.

Lachlan

P.S. I like your avatar.

MJtje said:
Breukink said that Rasmussen just totally lost it in the ITT! The pressure was obvious enormous...........and it got more and more once he started crashing and changing bikes.....He was just too nervous he couldn't handle the pressure! Furthermore Breukink was just dumbfounded he couldn't explain really.......

Christi Anderson (Phils wife) does some background work for Eurosport and she had been saying for days that MR had been telling her that he (MR) was having terrible problems with all the attention with his success in the TDF.

Cubflyer said:
Ay, I do. I thoroughly enjoy your posts when they have nothing to do with Musette. Your knowledge of the sport is nothing short of astounding, and very educational. You are a source of great info. You're right, of course, about 'never say never.' Seven consecutive (or even total) is a milestone, to be sure.

Lachlan

P.S. I like your avatar.

Thanks.

Yep the avatar is Bob Fleming from the fast show.