Stage 4: Huy (Belgium) - Saint-Quentin, 215 km

Truly looks like sprinters stage. My question is ,with so many teams without a defined leader how much breakaway will be allowed and from which riders will it be allowed?
It could make it interesting.

jhuskey said:
Truly looks like sprinters stage. My question is ,with so many teams without a defined leader how much breakaway will be allowed and from which riders will it be allowed?
It could make it interesting.
Mayo crashed ! Ahh ! Get up my boy ! get up !

McEwan looks like the man so far this year. What's the deal with Boonen? He doesn't appear to have that "something extra" at the line right now -- seems ironic for a sprinter off his form to be wearing the yellow jersey.

rejobako said:
McEwan looks like the man so far this year. What's the deal with Boonen? He doesn't appear to have that "something extra" at the line right now -- seems ironic for a sprinter off his form to be wearing the yellow jersey.
What puzzled me is how Boonen just faded when he saw he wasn't going to take it. RM had a huge lead on the others, the moment he saw he couldn't catch up with him, he slowed down and ended fifth!

Weird. he was fantastic last year.

Orla_24 said:
What puzzled me is how Boonen just faded when he saw he wasn't going to take it. RM had a huge lead on the others, the moment he saw he couldn't catch up with him, he slowed down and ended fifth!

Weird. he was fantastic last year.

Or.
Maybe JAN is a code word for Boonen..... :)

I think with the TDF being as wide open as it is this year that the sprinters teams are having a hard time setting up. More teams are wanting to be at the front. And that is exactly what Robbie wants. [ It has been said that he is the worlds best sprinter and I am starting to believe it.]But that makes it difficult for guys who sprint off of a team ....

We are witnessing the best cyclist of the past decade having one last go of it. Zabel. Things have not worked out for him this year. My single desire for this TDF is to see Zabel get one last stage victory. But it ain't gonna happen.

As the names are released on that list , I'm hoping that Zabel's name does not appear. I honestly believe Zabel is clean.

wolfix said:
I think with the TDF being as wide open as it is this year that the sprinters teams are having a hard time setting up. More teams are wanting to be at the front. And that is exactly what Robbie wants. [ It has been said that he is the worlds best sprinter and I am starting to believe it.]But that makes it difficult for guys who sprint off of a team ....

We are witnessing the best cyclist of the past decade having one last go of it. Zabel. Things have not worked out for him this year. My single desire for this TDF is to see Zabel get one last stage victory. But it ain't gonna happen.

As the names are released on that list , I'm hoping that Zabel's name does not appear. I honestly believe Zabel is clean.
Yea, though Boonen's train was in place today, he just got a bit boxed in, I think. Robbie out manuvered him perfectly, and had the legs and the power.

I want to see Robbie with the green at the end, he's most deserving.

Lot's of flats today.

I saw the end of the race but I didn't get confimation on who went down during the sprint. Was itThor Hushovd ?

lw

lwedge said:
Lot's of flats today.

I saw the end of the race but I didn't get confimation on who went down during the sprint. Was itThor Hushovd ?

lw
VeloNews said it was his teammate, Julian Dean.

Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwin continuing their Disco wanking this year. The number of times they would talk about how low Ekimov's heart rate is, or how they have so many potential leaders on their team, or how Martinez has gained so many places 'cos he's like so amazing and he got all those seconds today, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

Dead Star said:
Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwin continuing their Disco wanking this year. The number of times they would talk about how low Ekimov's heart rate is, or how they have so many potential leaders on their team, or how Martinez has gained so many places 'cos he's like so amazing and he got all those seconds today, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH
Where are you seeing this ? On TV broadcast or Web fish wrap ?

lw

Dead Star said:

Get Eurosport instead.

Liggett and Sherwen offer nothing - and haven't done so for years.
They're a joke. Couple of charlatans that's all they are.

And as for Gary Imlach!

Just get ES, DS.

limerickman said:
Get Eurosport instead.

Liggett and Sherwen offer nothing - and haven't done so for years.
They're a joke. Couple of charlatans that's all they are.

And as for Gary Imlach!

Just get ES, DS.
the sad thing is they were great on Channel 4. Ah well, times have changed.

I'll get Eurosport...eventually. I'll just have to make do with them for now.

Dead Star said:

I'm a EuroSport convert... took me a while to get into it but they are so much better than the DISCO payroll boys of Phil and Paul...

Dead Star said:

You're in Wales, DS.

I don't know if you can access Irish TV stations - you used to be able to do so in the past (we could get Harlech - now I'm showing my age).
But if you can tune in other stations - try to tune in TnaG (TG4).

It is an Irish speaking station - the commentary is in Irish (Gaelic) but you'll at least be able to see the race (live).
TnaG get their feed from French TV.

They're coverage was superb last year - they even covered the team parade at the end of the Champs Elyssee stage (which I have never seen covered by either C4 or Eurosport).

whiteboytrash said:
I'm a EuroSport convert... took me a while to get into it but they are so much better than the DISCO payroll boys of Phil and Paul...

Sean Kelly/David Harmon partnership is very good on ES.
Never liked the "contributions" of Christy Anderson (Phils wife).

Duffield and Kelly are good together as well - but not as good as Harmon and Kelly.

limerickman said:
Sean Kelly/David Harmon partnership is very good on ES.
Never liked the "contributions" of Christy Anderson (Phils wife).

Duffield and Kelly are good together as well - but not as good as Harmon and Kelly.
Agree with you Lim and all good on ES but I should add that its "Phil's" former wife.... they broke up in the late 80's and she became the mussette chic for 7-Eleven..... word has it that she rode a lot more than some of the cyclists in the peleton !