Stage 4: Huy (Belgium) - Saint-Quentin, 215 km

whiteboytrash said:
Agree with you Lim and all good on ES but I should add that its "Phil's" former wife.... they broke up in the late 80's and she became the mussette chic for 7-Eleven..... word has it that she rode a lot more than some of the cyclists in the peleton !

Sure it's former? I think they're still married.

I could swear that she was talking about advernture holidays that Mr& Mrs Anderson run in Australia last year on ES.

limerickman said:
Sure it's former? I think they're still married.

I could swear that she was talking about advernture holidays that Mr& Mrs Anderson run in Australia last year on ES.
Hmmmm not sure... I know Phil runs prestige trips to the Tour with château’s and fine wines.... need to check up on Christie... I know that they had separated for a while and she rode half the blokes in the peleton.... maybe they got back together ?

Anyone know why (if?) Thor H was relegated today for dangerous sprinting? Velonews is saying he was, with no explanation, yet I just watched it and I saw nothing, nor was anything said about it :confused:

wilmar13 said:
Anyone know why (if?) Thor H was relegated today for dangerous sprinting? Velonews is saying he was, with no explanation, yet I just watched it and I saw nothing, nor was anything said about it :confused:
I read the article. I am not sure how they called irregular sprinting on Thor. Everyone was boxed in until the last millisecond, they were shoulder to shoulder and once again McEwen squirted out the front.

From what I saw(from TV, telephoto lens, flattens everything), there was no option to block a rider at the front.

lw

Egoi hints at DC wanting to keep the team classification until Paris:

"“Etre repris à deux kilomètres de la ligne, c’est rageant mais il y a aussi des points positifs à prendre en consideration. Par exemple, c’est une bonne chose d’être en tête du classement par equipes. Nous essayons de contrôler la stuation et notre objectif est de garder la tête de ce classement pendant tout le Tour de France."

Above from letour official website. Rough translation:

"Being caught 2 km from the finish, that's frustrating, but there are also positive aspects to take into consideration [for the breakaway]. For example, it's a good thing to be leading the teams classification. We try to control the situation and our goal is to keep the lead in that classification during the entire Tour."

Keeping the teams classification seems to waste a lot of energy. :confused:

musette said:

"“Etre repris à deux kilomètres de la ligne, c’est rageant mais il y a aussi des points positifs à prendre en consideration. Par exemple, c’est une bonne chose d’être en tête du classement par equipes. Nous essayons de contrôler la stuation et notre objectif est de garder la tête de ce classement pendant tout le Tour de France."

"Being caught 2 km from the finish, that's frustrating, but there are also positive aspects to take into consideration [for the breakaway]. For example, it's a good thing to be leading the teams classification. We try to control the situation and our goal is to keep the lead in that classification during the entire Tour."

I don't believe it, I think they're loading up the front end. First, to make a point to the rest of the peloton that they're still a player. Second, to make it very difficult for the other teams to target the "leader". Three, since they have several leader "options" right now, they'll keep those options open as long as they can.

Doing that however, probably does make it easier to lead the teams classification, but I think it's a coincidence.

I don't think either the intermediate sprint points/seconds nor the finish bonuses count for the team classification.

musette said:

rejobako said:
McEwan looks like the man so far this year. What's the deal with Boonen? He doesn't appear to have that "something extra" at the line right now -- seems ironic for a sprinter off his form to be wearing the yellow jersey.
i'm wondering myself. i haven't seen any races this year until TdF converage started. it's pissing me off though. he's had a couple chances that he should have been able to do something with, and it looks like he doesn't have much in his legs. i was thinking on stage 3 it would be perfect if he attacked and then the kraut did and won, then today's finish was perfect and robbie just plain owned him. he couldn't even get on his wheel much less power by him.

wilmar13 said:

Blocking. Not sure where.

mitosis said:
Blocking. Not sure where.
Yeah it must have been before the last 100 meters as it looked clean to me... maybe he is getting blamed for his teammate who very effectively blocked from the ground with 300(?) to go :D

wilmar13 said:
Yeah it must have been before the last 100 meters as it looked clean to me... maybe he is getting blamed for his teammate who very effectively blocked from the ground with 300(?) to go :D
Thor Hushovd was disqualified from yesterday's finish according to the official Tour de France website for "irregular sprinting." It's tough to see exactly what he did wrong from the replay, but his Crédit Agricole lead-up man Julian Dean crashed in the finale, and maybe that had something to do with it. Check out the highlights by clicking on the link below http://www.eurosport.co.uk/cycling/tour-de-france/2006/mc_vid27658.shtml

whiteboytrash said:
Thor Hushovd was disqualified from yesterday's finish according to the official Tour de France website for "irregular sprinting." It's tough to see exactly what he did wrong from the replay, but his Crédit Agricole lead-up man Julian Dean crashed in the finale, and maybe that had something to do with it. Check out the highlights by clicking on the link below http://www.eurosport.co.uk/cycling/tour-de-france/2006/mc_vid27658.shtml
THE THOR HUSHOVD DISQUALIFICATION YESTERDAY: Drops him to fifth in the race for the green jersey, and upon examination of a better over-head angle, it looks like he leaned in on Bernard Eisel up against the left barrier in the final sprint, and that's what qualified as "irregular sprinting."

Thor was taking a bad line "before" the final corner. That was the reason.

I believe Christie was the 7-11 bag woman and then she married Phil. It was very controversial at the time. Some of the guys didn't want her around because of the conflict that she caused.

I believe this was the reason LA fired the female bag woman when he had a chance. He knew it would cause a unbalance in team harmony. Let's face it guys, women are trouble when in the "company of several guys.

wolfix said:
Thor was taking a bad line "before" the final corner. That was the reason.

I believe Christie was the 7-11 bag woman and then she married Phil. It was very controversial at the time. Some of the guys didn't want her around because of the conflict that she caused.

I believe this was the reason LA fired the female bag woman when he had a chance. He knew it would cause a unbalance in team harmony. Let's face it guys, women are trouble when in the "company of several guys.
I hope I won't come off as a complete idiot :) - but what is a 7-11 bag woman?