Stage 4 of P-N shortened due to snow

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Hb, Mar 10, 2004.

  1. "HB" <marrone-ALPHA_A-sol.dk> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > http://team-csc.com/news.asp?n_id=136
    >
    > HB
    I was disappointed to hear that the 4th stage of the Paris-
    Nice was cancelled. If the road was impassagle then it's
    understandable that the race was cancelled. But if the race
    was cancelled simply because of bad weather conditions I
    think it takes away from the sport. It's really the riders
    and teams responsibility to prepare regardless of the
    conditions.

  2. Charles Hizark wrote:
    > "HB" <marrone-ALPHA_A-sol.dk> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >> http://team-csc.com/news.asp?n_id=136
    >>
    >> HB
    > I was disappointed to hear that the 4th stage of the Paris-
    > Nice was cancelled. If the road was impassagle then it's
    > understandable that the race was cancelled. But if the
    > race was cancelled simply because of bad weather
    > conditions I think it takes away from the sport. It's
    > really the riders and teams responsibility to prepare
    > regardless of the conditions.

    I agree, I've been riding the same conditions all winter, -4
    and snow, on my studded Nokian Extremes.

    --
    Perre

  3. Hb

    Hb Guest

    "Per Elmsäter" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse
    news:[email protected]...

    > I agree, I've been riding the same conditions all winter,
    > -4 and snow, on
    my
    > studded Nokian Extremes.
    >
    > --
    > Perre

    Congrats Perre, you are one hardcore rider ;o)

    Kim Andersen (DS, Team CSC) said that some riders wanted
    to go and others were indifferent. For Team CSC it was
    planned that the jersey should have been defended "at all
    costs", probably meaning an attack from one of their other
    top 5 riders.

    I think it's OK they choose to cancel a race, even if the
    road was passable. -4 C and snow, and worse in higher
    altitude is not safe for riders, even if it's possible to
    ride in it.

    One year we blame them for not taking care of the safety of
    the riders, the next we blame them for doing so.

    I hope the race will continue today, and wish all the best
    for Jaksche. Perhaps Lance is worried about the wrong
    German? ;o)

    HB

  4. HB wrote:
    > "Per Elmsäter" <[email protected]> skrev i en
    > meddelelse news:[email protected]...
    >
    >> I agree, I've been riding the same conditions all winter,
    >> -4 and snow, on my studded Nokian Extremes.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Perre
    >>

    > Congrats Perre, you are one hardcore rider ;o)

    Thankyou. However my statement was definitely very tounge in
    cheek although I do ride the year around. Not on my roadbike
    though. We try to slow down the speeds as much as we can by
    going MTB and staying off asphalt. Our clubrides gets
    cancelled at -10 C.

    --
    Perre