Stage 8 TDF : Sunday, July 15: Le-Grand-Bornand - Tignes, 165km

whiteboytrash said:
Rogers down ! Arroyo over the edge !
****. I wonder what happened there.

Maybe he can catch the break by the end of the descent. He looked sort of stunned while sitting on the ground as opposed to Arroyo, who scrambled up to the road immediately.

Bro Deal said:
****. I wonder what happened there.

Maybe he can catch the break by the end of the descent. He looked sort of stunned while sitting on the ground as opposed to Arroyo, who scrambled up to the road immediately.

They didn't show the crash but looks like he overcooked the bend.... Arroyo seemed to have the softer landing in the bushes !

I think the chicken will wait for Rogers... there is no point taking the final 2 climbs without him.....

I'm on EuroSport... which coverage are you watching ?

Question is which team should chase ? Not sure any team are stronger enough... especially with Valverde hanging around the back of the peleton..... and the Astana boys dressed like mummies....

whiteboytrash said:
They didn't show the crash but looks like he overcooked the bend.... Arroyo seemed to have the softer landing in the bushes !

I think the chicken will wait for Rogers... there is no point taking the final 2 climbs without him.....

I'm on EuroSport... which coverage are you watching ?
I was just wondering why they both went down. Maybe Arroyo overcooked it and Rogers was following his line.

I am watching the "wonderful" Vs coverage in the US of A, where I am being told that the chicken is a thread for the GC win and Hincapie is included in their list of contenders.

Bro Deal said:
I was just wondering why they both went down. Maybe Arroyo overcooked it and Rogers was following his line.

I am watching the "wonderful" Vs coverage in the US of A, where I am being told that the chicken is a thread for the GC win and Hincapie is included in their list of contenders.

They just showed the replay... Rogers punctured on the decent... Rogers now has rejoined the chicken group....

sigh-It says UK eurosport is 'closed down' on this t.v im looking at...Rogers is riding himself to a podium spot possibly???

whiteboytrash said:
Question is which team should chase ? Not sure any team are stronger enough... especially with Valverde hanging around the back of the peleton..... and the Astana boys dressed like mummies....
Disco has the strength to chase, but as long as they pursue stage victories with the likes of Hincapie then they are not going to do anything.

The lead group's time gap is shrinking now. It will be interesting to see how this works out for Rogers.

beached whale said:
sigh-It says UK eurosport is 'closed down' on this t.v im looking at...Rogers is riding himself to a podium spot possibly???

I just lost my cable connection on the TV..... massive storm just past over London because its just come back.......

beached whale said:
the chicken is on the offensive. Rogers just got dropped...
Rogers' GC hopes look to be evaporating in the heat. That was always the danger of going with a break from so far out.

beached whale said:
the chicken is on the offensive. Rogers just got dropped...

Yep Rogers is gone... Levi was dropped from the peleton but just rode back.... doesn't look great.....

whiteboytrash said:
Yep Rogers is gone... Levi was dropped from the peleton but just rode back.... doesn't look great.....
Mechanical. It's always hard to tell how Leipheimer is doing. His climbing style is ungainly.

Bro Deal said:
Mechanical. It's always hard to tell how Leipheimer is doing. His climbing style is ungainly.

You're right Levi could be ok.... ..... Looks like Rogers banged his dodgy knee........ he don't look good....... already fallen 1.40" back........

One other note... Maybe Astana were feigning the injuries ? Making more out of them ?

Ouch they just showed Rogers.... he's gone... couldn't take the bottle in his hand closest to the car......

Gotta love this quote from cyclingnews' live coverage:

"Currently it looks like the T-Mobile tactics with putting team leader Michael Rogers into the break, then keeping the gap down by his own teammates is not working out to well. He even did a Jan Ulrich and landed in the ditch. He looks pretty bad now, with blood dripping. Not a good day for him."

Vino looks determined.